Why the bloating at the end of the day?

iVillage Member
Why the bloating at the end of the day?
Sun, 04-03-2005 - 9:10am

I've been noticing lately that, by about dinner time, I feel so incredibly bloated! It also happened earlier on but now it seems to be more and more. Even my breasts seem bigger by the end of the day. When I wake up in the morning, things seem to have gone down to their 'regular' size *LOL*. Why is this? I started thinking that, stomach wise, it could be all the milk I now drink. Does anyone know? Will this only get worst and worst or is it just a phase? Thanks...

13 weeks 5 days
EDD Oct. 5th. 2005

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2005 - 1:07pm

I totally understand where you are coming from. We are about at the same EDD too, so I attribute the bloating at night to hormones. I lay in bed in the morning and reach down and feel my stomach, and it's not much different then before pregnancy. By the time I go to bed at night after eating and drinking all day, BLOAT city, I look 5 months pregnant. My DH commented on it the other day, "Babe, how come you look so big sometimes, but other times you don't look pregnant at all?" I just laughed and said, "I dunno..." lol

I also noticed that when I wear my (last 2 pair that actually button) old pants that I don't look pregnant at all, just a little chubby, but when I put on a maternity outfit, stand back, preggo city ! Totally weird.

Don't fret, it'll get better. Eventually the bellies will stick out all the time lol.

Kim V

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2005 - 7:14pm

OMG! thank you SOOOO much. You described exactly what I meant. I feel much better. Can't wait to actually start showing all the time, like you say. :P

13 weeks 5 days
EDD Oct. 5th. 2005

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2005 - 8:21pm
I have the exact same thing, sometimes I am so bloated at night my belly feels like it is gonna pop. Jaime
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2005 - 2:47pm
Same with me! After my dinner, I feel I am bulging out and in the morning that bulge is gone and I hardly feel my tummy showing. I think it has something to do with the slow digestion during pregnancy :)