Lower Abdominal Pulling on Left Side?

iVillage Member
Lower Abdominal Pulling on Left Side?
Sat, 02-09-2008 - 10:19am

I don't think this is anything to worry too much about, but any opinions will help. I woke up this morning with a pulling-feeling in my lower (left) abdominal muscle. It's

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-09-2008 - 10:28am

me is thinking its the mucles that are stretching and making space for that cute little of yours to grow. I dont think its much to worry about

If it comes from getting up to quickly, or from sneezing, coughing, laughing or stretching then its prob round ligament pain. Which is normal!

Belly Rubs!

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-09-2008 - 10:30am
My guess is it is round ligament pain. Not fun I know i had it a lot with ds and I have had it a little with this one. I called the doc scared about it with ds and that was what thye told me it mor ethen likely was. All the streching in there everyhting is getting bigger. There will be alot more achs and pains soon to come. : ) I hope I helped you out.
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-09-2008 - 10:39am
I agree with Dana--round ligament pain.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-09-2008 - 10:44am
It sounds to me like round ligament pain (from the uterus stretching the ligaments around it). If that's the case, you'll feel more of it! It helps if I don't make any sudden movements, and I feel it mostly while turning over in bed as well.
Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
pregnancy calendar
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-09-2008 - 10:55am
Have no fear! This is a very normal part of pregnancy - I have pulling on both sides of my abdomen. This is my second pregnancy, and I remember that tugging practically the whole time during my first, and I'm feeling it this second time around, too. I believe it is just the uterus expanding! :o)
Photobucket

pregnancy

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-09-2008 - 12:10pm
I have this too on and off!! The Dr reassured me that it is "growing pains" that come along with the joys of pregoness!
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-09-2008 - 12:20pm

Thank you all, I feel a big relief that it's nothing to worry about.

I'm at work right now, pretty much sat all morning. I got up to help a customer and the pain felt much worse (like it was streching more). After I stood up for a while, it didn't hurt (as much).

Is that normal, too?

I can't wait to go home, lay down, and relax.

Photobucket