Log-in/Posting problems from 5/21

Community Leader
Log-in/Posting problems from 5/21
Thu, 05-23-2013 - 1:39am

This was reported by one of my boardies, Muddymessalonskee.

"It has taken me almost ten minutes to be able to post this comment.  When I was first trying to log in, a big "Welcome to ivillage do you want our newsletter box" popped in over the login box, so I had to x that out first.  (I am not using my netbook, so real estate is not the problem.)  Then I got the "you are not authorized to post comments" message.  I hit "reply" and got a log in box again.  So I logged in, and it took me to what I guess is a main page, not this forum at all.  So I went back to this forum with a bookmark and hit "quick reply" twice.  It hung twice.  (Also when I was trying to hit the "reply" button, a "One second site survey" box floated across the screen; I had to wait to hit the button.  No matter, I guess, because the button didn't work anyway.) Then I used "Reply" and finally got a reply box.  Meanwhile, I got messages similar this almost a dozen times:

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://pixel.adsafeprotected.com/jload?anid=5092&campId=7571609&placementId=1_96758073&creativeId=53700669:25"

This is a message I have RARELY seen on other websites.  I used to get them on ivillage all the time (many times every time I logged in) but I hadn't seen it for months so assumed it was fixed.  With all these errors (some of which haven't been around for a long time) it almost looks like the forums have been rolled back to an earlier version...it makes no sense for the fixed errors to have shown up again."

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

Administrator
Thu, 05-23-2013 - 7:35am

Hi Sue -

Did you email this to your mod or have the member email customer support? If not, can you link me to her post or ask her to email me at techtalk@mail.ivillage.com.

Thanks!

Erin
Community Technical Assistant | Community Moderator
iVillage.com

Community Leader
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 1:16am

Erin, here is her post.  

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

Community Leader
Sun, 05-26-2013 - 2:37pm

I've tried three times to post on my board today and nothing happens when I hit post in both quick reply and reply. I'm not typing out details because I'll be shocked if this post takes. WHEN are they going to fix all of these problems? We want a timeline. I don't think that's unreasonable to ask.

Administrator
Tue, 05-28-2013 - 7:45am

Hi Shy,

Due to the restructuring that took place and is currently underway, there is no timeline. The tech team is being rebuilt and are being made aware of what the issues are. When I have some specific information I'll be sure to share. At this moment, I don't have anything new.

Thanks,

Erin
iVillage.com

Community Leader
Thu, 05-30-2013 - 7:59pm

Well, I figured out the problem. It didn't like a word I was using, but there was nothing that told me that. So frustrating. I was trying to recommend a book to a poster about why men like a certain type of women. I've used that word before with no problems. If I had a project at my job and couldn't give a deadline for when it would be done, I'd be in trouble. Grade cards? They can go home whenever! Papers? Grade them six months later- it'll be fine! That attitude wouldn't fly. It wouldn't in most jobs. You have to understand why we're so frustrated with it being okay with ivillage.

Administrator
Fri, 05-31-2013 - 1:55pm

Hi Shy,

We all understand completely, I assure you, but right now the only option we have is to wait. At this very moment the login issue is the top priority as it's affecting not only the boards, but other aspects of the site as well.

Thanks,

Erin
iVillage.com