New Tablet? Here's How to Keep You from Accidentally Ringing Up $3000 at the App Store

Administrator
New Tablet? Here's How to Keep You from Accidentally Ringing Up $3000 at the App Store
Mon, 12-30-2013 - 10:40am

The holidays are over and you haven't looked up from your new iPad or Android tablet have you? Best toy for grown-ups ever, right? Well, if you have kids, or even see kids out in public, you know they're big fans of tablets too. Seriously, they are the best ever when you're on an airplane with kids.

Kids or not, you need to set up parental controls on your tablet. Many games and apps make purchasing so seamless, that you don't even realize you've spent $50. Or in the case of a toddler playing Candy Crush, maybe $3000. It can happen.

http://www.ivillage.com/new-tablet-heres-how-set-parental-controls/7-a-556063

Have you ever had anything happen on your tablet? Having kids and nieces, I know this can happen very easily. I see my mom paying for stuff when my niece uses her ipad. :/

Erin
Community Technical Assistant | Community Moderator
iVillage.com

iVillage Member

DD once accidentally clicked on an ad and my credit card was charged $100 for "gems."  I got an email from Google Play and within seconds I had contested the charge.  Thankfully, it was reversed with no questions asked.  After that, I removed my credit card from Google Play.  My Amazon account requires a password to make purchases anyway, so I left that one alone.  If I want an Android app, I'll buy it from the Amazon store.  If I want to buy from the Play Store, I'll buy a Google Play gift card from Walmart and use that instead of my credit card.