Goals for 2012

iVillage Member
Goals for 2012
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 11:46am

I have a definite aversion to New Year's resolutions; instead, I set goals. It's probably all in my head, but the word resolution just makes me cringe -- but if I call it a goal, it works better for me.

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-28-2012 - 11:34pm
Using pictures is n excellent idea and works well for everyone. We use the same technique for our students at school also.
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 12:53am
I'm constantly setting goals so resolutions would be almost redundant. I thought at lot about my business at the end of last year and how I wanted it to grow. I definitely think exposure is key for me since I don't know tons of people who are happy to just toss money at whatever I'm doing. So some goals are:

do one low cost vendor event every 2 months

decide by the end of March if attending this years convention in August is feasible

attend 90% of all team meetings

Follow me to Coping with Job Loss

Follow me to Birth Control

--------
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 12:57pm

Hello there and welcome to the board!

Getting your family involved with the household chores is a terrific idea! When I first started working from home, my youngest was not quite three and learning to juggle work, caring for him and still keeping up with the house was pretty taxing. What I found amusing was that my toddler seemed to clue into the fact that mom was working much quicker than the rest of my family; he has his own little desk in my office and when one of the other kids would come to the door, he'd quickly tell them that we were working.

How old are your children? I used to have a chore board with everyone's chores assigned. When the kids were too young to read, we used pictures to show the jobs and they got to put stickers on it when the job was done. They loved that!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 1:40pm

I am so with you on getting organized! That is a huge goal for me for 2012 and to stay on top of it. I also have a goal to get my family involved more in household chores. I love working from home, but often they forget I am working. It's going to be a great year! :smileywink: