need advice. daughters ex is out of jail.

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-18-2011
need advice. daughters ex is out of jail.
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 4:49am

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-27-2004
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 9:55am
You need the advice of an attorney. Ask at the local domestic violence shelter. It's not necessary for you to know the law ("we don't know if she can get a protection order"), you just have to get help from someone who does.
Avatar for queen_brat
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-26-2003
Sun, 09-18-2011 - 10:20am
What about moving out of town? I know they still tend to find people and I understand the fear your both feeling. For awhile I only felt safe when my ex was in jail.

I second everything geo said and hope everyone involved stays safe!!!

Image hosted by
iVillage Member
Registered: 05-20-2009
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 12:52am

Check into getting a protection order, and also see if you can bring child sexual abuse charges against him.

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-21-2008
Wed, 09-21-2011 - 9:50am

Hi pagan and welcome.