I think I've got this pretty much covered. Of course I'll hit a snag from time to time like when someone extraordinary will intimidate me with their intellectual brilliance even though I can stand my own pretty well normally..or..I'll be in a room full of skinny people looking like fashion models and I'll feel like a tubbo even though I know no one cares one hoot about what I look like for they'll all be looking at each other..LOL..but I'll just wish I looked a little more like them in the thinner department! You know, unimportant stuff like that! But for the most part, I live according to one of my favoite quotes..coined by me....
"Life is good...even when it isn't!!"
1. Problems are bad...They may feel bad at the time, but they are learning experiences and I know I'll come out better for having had to deal with such problems.
2. It's important to stay happy... I must stay content and satisfied..and then happiness will follow.
3. I'm irreparably damaged by my past... I was damaged by my past, but I worked at not letting it stiffle who I was meant to be and who I am today.
4. Working hard leads to success... I like when they said, "Play, not work, is the key to success." I so agree!! I mean, you have to work hard to make a career successful; but if you have to sacrifice play for it, is it really worth it in the end?
5. Success is the opposite of failure... When I try something new and find I'm not that good at it, I take a detour and try something else! You are successful when you're at peace with your life and who you are. If you're not at peace..fix it..you have the power!!
6. It matters what people think of me... Yes, it does matter what people think of me. What matters is that if I'm in a group of people that I do not feel warmly welcomed by, I know that these are not my kind of people. I take a detour and find a better more interesting group to be with and that matter to me!!
7. We should think rationally about our decisions... I so agree! I go by my gut feelings!! If a decision doesn't feel right, it probably isn't!
8. The pretty girls get all the good stuff... Nonsense!! This one made me think of my first husband. I'll admit I was a tall slender very attractive glamour girl back then. After six years of trying to tolerate him, I told him that he had no idea who I really was...as I was finally kicking his arse to the curb!!
9. If all my wishes came true right now, life would be perfect... Yea, I agree with all of that..but..when we win the lottery, our life really will be perfect!! LOL!!
10. Loss is terrible... Agree with what they said! When I've suffered terrible loss, I never lost me.
Interesting stuff to think about..Thanks!
Number 6 really hit home for me.
Another interesting link Suzan .. keep things in perspective, think positive!