10 Most Popular Diets of 2012 -- Which Made the Cut?

iVillage Member
10 Most Popular Diets of 2012 -- Which Made the Cut?
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 2:36pm

Check out the top 10 diets of the year, as determined by total visitors to each of the diet review pages on DietsInReview.com for the past 11 months

Read more at: http://www.ivillage.com/10-most-popular-diets-2012-what-works-and-what-doesnt/4-a-511531

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-15-2013 - 12:08am

There are hundreds of diet plans. Some are goofy and others are okay. The best plan is the one that works best for you. Each person has to learn what their needs are and what they can stick with or not stick with. It's a trial and error until you figure it out. Once you get it and as long as you're not eating something that causes heart problems or other dangerous side effects, go for it. It's temporary until the weight is gone and then the really hard work begins...maintenance for the rest of your life!!

I'm so glad I reached my goal last December 18th with a 71 pound loss!! Through the holidays I regained 18 pounds. I've since lost 10 pounds of that  and will get the remaining 8 pounds off as soon as my Girl Scout cookies are gone..LOL!! I'll begin strict dieting again next week and then do a better job of maintaining after that.

When I am strict dieting, nothing off of my food list goes into my mouth. I mean *nothing*!! I take my own foods with me to peoples homes, to restaurants and other social functions and I even took my own foods with me on vacation trips!! I become obsessed!! That's what I mean by "strict dieting" for me. I found what works well for me and that's what I do. It's never easy and I wish the very best for everyone who is struggling through their weighloss journey. For those people, my advice is to just keep going! Don't let anything or anyone sabotage you and you'll be so happy you did it when you reach your goals!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member

Donna,

That is awesome!! Great advice too. I had a friend who also lost weight by bringing her food with her when she went over to friends houses. I truly believe it works.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 11:22am

From what I see of these diets and get the impression of others, all have their cons.  Peolple just need to find what is healthy, works from them and has little to no cons.

Photobucket