SB Healthy Me: Oct 17th-Oct 23rd

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-20-2001
SB Healthy Me: Oct 17th-Oct 23rd
81
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 4:41pm
Good Luck! Post your results!



SB HEALTHY ME: Oct 17th - Oct 23rd

Please share the things you did
to work towards a *healthier*
and
therefore *happier* you!

Exercise: Any exercise whether it was walking, housework, going to the gym, gardening! All activity counts.

Healthy diet choices: You made, or didn't make!

Water: Did you drink enough?

Diet Plan if applicable: For those going to TOPS, Weight Watchers or similar we would really like to know how you are going.

Smiles and Hugs: Give and Get?

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-27-2004
Tue, 10-18-2011 - 11:22am

lol

Photobucket

Avatar for neverstopping
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-25-2000
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 1:01am

Hi gal pals!! I see the big news here is that Suzan ate an apple!! WooHoo!! I'm not a big fan of raw apple, but I love them cooked. I like to bake them in the microwave with cinnamon. I don't do that often enough though. Hope you keep eating them Suzan and that they don't bother your tummy!!

Hilary, nice on the big box of oranges you bought!! Good on walking too!! I also have never had a fennel bulb that I can recall.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-20-2001
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 5:19am
WTG Donna!
I can not imagine what the other gal did to lose 5 1/2 lbs in one week!

I like baked apples, but only make them around the holidays in the winter, and then core it, mix up marzipan and cinnamon and a few golden raisins and then bake them in apple juice in the oven. Delicious.

I did not eat any apples yesterday, but dh and I finished off a huge bunch of grapes and some purple plums. So I did OK. Back to an apple today.
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-27-2004
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 7:31am
neverstopping wrote:

Gail, good on the walking!! Good idea on doing better with the healthy eating choices too!! ;)

Tonight at my TOPS weigh-in, I lost 3.4 lbs!! I was the second biggest loser this week as another gal beat me by almost 2 lbs, so she did deserve to win!! When I show a loss again next week, I will have lost every week this month!! I love being a loser!! :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-27-2004
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 7:35am

TUESDAY

Exercise: 65 min of walking and 35 min

Photobucket

Avatar for neverstopping
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-25-2000
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 10:24am
twig04 wrote:
WTG Donna!
I can not imagine what the other gal did to lose 5 1/2 lbs in one week!

I like baked apples, but only make them around the holidays in the winter, and then core it, mix up marzipan and cinnamon and a few golden raisins and then bake them in apple juice in the oven. Delicious.

I did not eat any apples yesterday, but dh and I finished off a huge bunch of grapes and some purple plums. So I did OK. Back to an apple today.

The other gal was actually our Queen for last year. She started gaining and I was afraid for her that she'd begin regaining all of the over 150 lbs she had lost!! She is a young beautiful woman with two small kids. She got after it, though, began exercising more again and eating better. That's how she lost that much in one week. It's easy to lose that much the first week on plan, but then you'll lose less after that.

There's another gal in our group who is quite obese. Sometimes she loses as much as 8 or 10 lbs in one week!! When you're that large, that can happen. Lately, though, she has been gaining. I hope she gets it under control again.

That does sound like a delicious way to bake apples!! I never add sugar to mine though. I do add sugar free pancake syrup sometimes, but not usually as that isn't such a healthy choice either. I'd forgotten about adding raisins, will have to do that soon and I always add cinnamon. A little ginger might be good too.

Grapes, especially red ones, are very healthy fruits, too, and plums also! Good, glad you're eating fruit again!

Photobucket

Avatar for neverstopping
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-25-2000
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 10:26am

Gail...Thank you and you did well also!!

It's good to be on track and doing the right things!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-27-2004
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 3:46pm

neverstopping wrote:

Gail...Thank you and you did well also!!

It's good to be on track and doing the right things!!

Thanks, Donna!

Yes, it is good to be on track and doing the right things.........some days take a little more effort than others. *wink*

Photobucket

Avatar for neverstopping
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-25-2000
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 6:58pm
hisstorm77 wrote:

neverstopping wrote:

Gail...Thank you and you did well also!!

It's good to be on track and doing the right things!!

Thanks, Donna!

Yes, it is good to be on track and doing the right things.........some days take a little more effort than others. *wink*

Hey, I hear ya!! I'm a total bum today!! If there was something bad in the house to eat, it would be long gone by now!! Wish I had some ice cream...no, I don't...yes, I do...no, I don't!! lol

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-29-2002
Wed, 10-19-2011 - 8:23pm

Well, finally getting down here to post.

Pages