Ann/anyone? Did you plant any pansies yet?

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-20-2001
Ann/anyone? Did you plant any pansies yet?
22
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 10:01am

I was just planting (5) pansies and some other things and I thought about you.....

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-12-1997
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 10:15am

No I haven't yet. I'm not sure if they are even in my garden center yet. We could still get snow, so I'm not letting this beautiful warm weather fool me into planting anything that might freeze. But I'll keep checking and as soon as they are in the nursery, I'll get some and put them out!


Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-20-2001
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 10:54am
Yes that's true, and I'm sure mine will freeze very soon, but they come back quickly... (I'm hoping anyway... LOL)
Avatar for neverstopping
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-25-2000
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 11:30am
twig04 wrote:

I was just planting (5) pansies and some other things and I thought about you.....

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-07-2001
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 12:23pm

I have violas in pots right now, but will buy and plant pansies probably within the next week or so.

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-12-1997
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 2:41pm

I agree, they don't last very long. Here, they are pretty much gone by June. I manage to get them to last longer by planting them in hanging pots in the back, under the big box elder tree. That isn't as sunny and stays cooler longer, so I can keep them looking good a little longer.


Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Registered: 03-20-2001
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 3:12pm

I plant them in containers and I planted 3 of them around my new hanging pussywillow tree (see JH new photo) and I platned some on my terrace in the basket on the table there.

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-04-2007
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 3:22pm
No way, pansies are cool/cold weather flowers and would not last long this time of year in GA. They put them out in the fall in this area and they last all winter--such a nice touch of color in the winter!

Michelle/mica_ga


Kindness is more important than wisdom,

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-01-2003
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 5:09pm

I love pansies! I haven't bought anything as it is too early here. The greenhouses & nurseries will be having stuff in soon due to Easter being early in April. If I buy any,I will not put outside

Avatar for neverstopping
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-25-2000
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 5:42pm
wordyone wrote:

I agree, they don't last very long. Here, they are pretty much gone by June. I manage to get them to last longer by planting them in hanging pots in the back, under the big box elder tree. That isn't as sunny and stays cooler longer, so I can keep them looking good a little longer.

Photobucket

Avatar for neverstopping
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-25-2000
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 5:49pm
twig04 wrote:

I plant them in containers and I planted 3 of them around my new hanging pussywillow tree (see JH new photo) and I platned some on my terrace in the basket on the table there.

Photobucket

Pages