Happy New Year 2013!! Anyone have plans??

iVillage Member
Happy New Year 2013!! Anyone have plans??
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 2:40pm

We're staying safely at home and we'll have a smooch at midnight if we're still awake..LOL!!

What are y'all doing tonight??

What are some of your good memories of celebrating NYE??

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 2:56pm

Hi All....Just wanted to check in & wish all  my buddies here a Happy & Healthy New Year !!! Thank you for all for listening to me moan & groan over this last horrid year...I don't know what I would have done without your patience & guidance !!!...I , myself truly hope 2013 is soooo much better than 2012, for my family & friends !!!!!

Dh & I & our lil gang (bikey friends) are going up the The Elks....prime rib dinner (which I can't eat beef) there will be chicken Marsala there too ! Thank God Sarah (future dil) is gonna be staying here w/ds..as he had his 4 wisdom teeth out this am....my nerves are shot....dd#3 & dh (thought was gonna be my ex-sil) went looking at rentals apts/houses.....now may just may buy a house ..near us...as we still have to be the caretakers & school shuttle !!!!!.....DH has a cold...we really should stay home. ..I DUNNO...my world is always in a turmoil !!!.....Just thought I would throw this at ya...Oral surgeon gave us a quote of $2 thousand for 4 teeth extracted.....when all done..there was an extra $285.00 on bill....as ds was under anesthesia for an extra 15 MIN. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!....Whhhhaaaaattttt........I should have married an Oral Surgeon !!  geeez !!!

Anywho....chat next year.....be safe...& have a Hapy & a Healthy !!!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 2:56pm

Some of my NYE memories include.....

As children growing up, my family usually went to my favorite aunt's home for NYE. She always cooked spaghetti for the occasion and it was fun playing with our cousins and banging pots & pans at midnight. It was a very big deal to be able to stay up that late!! lol

As a young adult and dating, there were either house parties with friends or sometimes formal dinner parties at beautiful banquet facilities with live dance bands. Good times!! One of my favorite memories was out with my boyfriend at that time and another couple to Times Square in NYCity!! Exciting and fun experience that I will never forget!!

As young marrieds raising children, we either stayed home and celebrated with our kids or we'd have or go to house parties with all of our kids included.

As empty nesters, usually house parties with friends or getting together with our adult kids.

As seniors, sometimes house parties with friends or family. We're happy to be staying home this year on this dismal cold misty rainy turning into snow later kind of winter day! Times have changed my friends, times have indeed changed! lol

Stay safe whatever you do!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 3:06pm

Buns!! Good to see you here!!!

Yes, you have had one heck of a super duper stressful year!! So hope next year is better!!

My daughter is an assistant to an oral surgeon. The man is extremely wealthy!! Not only does he make the BIG bucks as a surgeon, but he also owns a bunch of other businesses too!! Lives in a mansion!! Yep, shoulda married one of those guys!! lol!

Hope your son gets through this ordeal okay. Good he has a caring fiancee!!

Glad we all could be here to let you vent so you wouldn't implode!! We're not only here for fun, but to support each other, too, in good times and bad! Now you go out and have one heck of a good time tonight!! You need that release!! I know you'll be extra careful out there with all the crazies on the roads. We'll be happy to hear you had a good time and got back home safely too!!

Happy New Year 2013! See ya next year!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 3:18pm

Well I have to sign in 4 times and then I can post.....  bummer.

Anyway, thanks for starting this threaaad Donna.    It's now 9pm and the fireworks have started early,,,, another bummer,,, Coffee is here with us still, and she's running from door to window to door barking....  we will go to the basement TV room and watch a movie (thinking J. Edgar : LeoDeCaprio) hoping the sound will drown out the pop of those fireworks.  It'll go on until 1am.   Oh Donna,  my dinner was a total disaster!  My dh picked up a large veal roast but not the cut I wanted, but I cooked it anyway (what should I do ,  throw it out???)   I made some German  knödels (dumplings) and gravy etc....  and we were to have a traditional German NYE dinner......  the meat was so bad,,, so fatty, neither of us could eat it.....  the fat ruined the taste of all the veggies that cooked in with it....   AWFUL!   First time ever that happened.  Anyway,  just glad the kids are out to a friends and did NOT have dinner with us......   what else ,,,,, dh and I drove to the lake today to see the snow covered ALPS   those were very pretty.   While there he booked a table at a nice place for Jan 1st brunch (window seat....on the lake  ).   So we'll take off around 9:30 ish for that (yes, with diva non dog).   I gave diva a nice bath so she's real pretty and fluffy.     Other than that ,,, well that's what we're doing or did,,,, nothing special but just being home in our jammies is special enough.  XMAS tree is still looking good.      

I have many good memories of NYE, most of which are with my dh,, we were disco people in our late 20's.. so always celebrated with friends in whild parties at a popular disco... here in Germnay,,,, used to go with friends in NYC (before dh).  When I lived at home, I rarely celebrated NYE as my parents didn't and my dad worked (police commissioner so very busy night for him) .    I don't really like to go out anymore on NYE, so am happy at home now with dh tonight, at anyrate, it's WAY tooo dangerous to be outside tonight.      

So with that, I'm off to the TV to watch a movie...... 

Happy New Year to EVERYONE...........

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 3:21pm

HI BUNNY!

Nice to see you, have fun tonight.....  sorry to hear about your son's oral surgery....  glad his gf is there with him..... he'll be fine so you go and have a grand time!

Talk to you in the New Year......   wondered where you where,,,,, hoping you'll update us on your physical state, as you were going thru all those tests.....   (())

Gotta run, dh and diva non dog are waiting....  ;O)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 4:47pm

Happy New Year to Everyone :)

Suzan sorry about your meal .. it happens.
Brunch sounds wonderful as does your drive you took.

Good to see you Bunny,
Hope ds recovers quickly!
Glad you'll be out enjoying & having fun tonight.

Donna .. some fun memroies for sure.
Glad you're staying in tonight & stay warm too <wink>

We're in as well as it is still snowing here ::sigh::
Will cause me to lose sleep though as not sure what youngest ds's plans are .. even far away I worry ::blush::

Memories .. many of course

Happy New to all & everyone going out enjoy & stay safe :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 5:05pm

Hi....This New Year's Eve Grandpa and I will be watching 3 grandchildren...9, 6, and 5...while the dad's go out...then dad's will end up here to sleep...will be a super fun New Year's for us... My favorite thing to do.... :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 5:30pm

Sounds like fun Ruth!
Happy New year to you & enjoy it all :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-31-2012 - 6:40pm

Happy New Year to you, too, Donna! We're not doing anything special tonight. We probably won't even stay up till midnight.

My favorite New Year celebrations were parties at the next door neighbors' house. Good food, good company, and no worries about driving home, lol!

Of course, tomorrow we'll be watching the Badgers win the Rose Bowl!