Jan 11,12,13 Weekend Plans

iVillage Member
Jan 11,12,13 Weekend Plans
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 4:07am

Hi Everyone,

Seems like the boards are up and moving again.... I've missed you all ;O)

Anyone have plans this weekend? 

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 8:04pm

Ann..You're welcome, hope it helps both of us!! Yesterday when I thought only the top shelf of my linen closet needed attention, I found more things on other shelves that I also got rid of. Looks much better in there now! My socks were neatly organized, too, but I did look them over carefully and ended up throwing a lot of them away! There's more room in those drawers now too! Today is spices and I did that not too long ago, so that's finished too. I don't alphabetize mine, though, I organize them according to catagory usage. Works for me. I'm liking this 31 day project a lot!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-13-2013 - 4:11pm

Thanks, Donna! I'm going to start on the plan today! Some won't be too hard - I took the seasonal stuff down and put it away weeks ago, and I have sort of a start on many things, like, my socks are organized in pairs, but I need to just finish up what start I have on those things, like, I'll have to go through the socks and weed out ones I don't wear and give up on finding matches to singles I have.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 1:27pm

Ann...It's Peter Walsh.....

https://www.facebook.com/PeterWalsh

Today's project is clean out things you no longer wear from your closet. Whew..glad I already did that after losing weight!! Otherwise, it would have taken me a lot longer than 10 minutes to do it!! Now I'm off to finish Day 11, yesterday, by cleaning out the top shelf of my linen closet. The rest of that closet is in good shape unless I notice something else that needs tossing out too.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 10:04am
I agree, Suzan, I'm not taking many chances with my health. And I know I feel good, but my doc is still concerned about my thyroid hormone levels. I'll see on Tuesday what it is this time and what he wants to do about it (waiting and seeing would be my choice, lol!).

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 9:59am

Donna, that decluttering plan sounds like something I could use! Where on FB can I find it?

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 3:51am

With all you've had and gone thru in the past year Ann, it was a good idea to have the flu shot. Late or not.  Take it easy, and it's always a good idea to stay home when the news is broadcasting an outbreak in the area.   One can always just "cook from their cupboard/freezer" for a couple weeks , right?  LOL

You are doing really well now Ann, and I'm so happy for you that you are on the way to really good health once again (()) 

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 3:47am

Hi DONNA

Plastic containers are always a source of turmoil in my cupboard,, I think since I use them so often they really get unorganized quickly.  Also I find pots,pans and all their respective  lids another storage problem.  I'm glad I have deep pull out drawers for those  pots/pans/lids , makes it easier.    Strange how we never say pan & pots, just pots & pans.  LOL

Have a nice weekend,,,  what will U be watching?

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 1:01am

The boards...only had to log in once last night, but tonight I had to twice again. Annoying!!!

My weekend so far....

Today..Friday..Had a great day!! Had lunch with my favorite sis-in-law at "our place" YiaYia's Eurobistro restaurant. We were there for three hours and had a great time as always!! We exchanged Christmas gifts and she gave me a gift card to Coldwater Creek, some Ghirardelli candy and a beautiful leather bound daily devotional with my name in gold on the front!! I just love it!! She really went all out this time!! I gave her a necklace that I could tell she really liked a lot, earrings and some homemade fudge. No, I didn't make the fudge myself..lol! Tonight after dinner, hubby and I watched more movies.

Saturday...Errands to run and going to go to our pro-soccer game that night. I also am planning on cleaning out the top shelf of my linen closet. I'm following a 31 day decluttering plan on Facebook and am up to date on it so far except for the two cabinets in the kitchen that houses our plastic containers. My two youngest grandloves will be here Monday as school is closed and I'll have them help with this project. They can get down on the floor and pull all that stuff out of there and help put it back after I sort through it all.

Sunday...Sunday school & church and out for Chinese dinner.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 2:30pm

Suzan, yes they start giving them out in October or November. Tom gets his at work in November, but I always put off getting one. But this year they're saying the flu is really bad and even has caused people to have to go to the hospital. This area even made national news because of how many cases there have been!  So I thought because my immune system may be a little weak from all the medical stuff I''ve had done the past few months and the cold I had in November, I'd get one and put my mind at ease a bit.  I didn't think I'd be able to get one, though! The first 3 places I tried said they were out of the vaccine! But I thought to ask at my grocery store's pharmacy and they still had 3 doses left! So I mustered my courage and got one. It was a different type than the usual intramuscular one - this one was intradermal and had a much smaller needle (I liked that!). It still hurt, but not, I think, as much as a bigger needle in my bicep would.  So far I don't feel a thing. She said there are usually less side effects with this one, too. Not much muscle pain, just maybe a raised bump and a red mark for a couple days.

I'm not out of danger yet, though. It won't be at full effectiveness for a couple weeks, so I'll continue to wash my hands and avoid sick people, lol. And maybe next year I'll get one earlier . . . . maybe, lol!