Does my sis want her kid or not?
Find a Conversation
|Tue, 09-09-2003 - 3:04pm|
Of note, my sister works full-time days. She is married to an alcoholic who works part-time evenings. The dad watches the daughter during the day, my sister watches her at night.
Anyway, here are some examples:
1. My sister takes her daughter outside 1 hour a day, no more. The dad is too tired to take her outside at all and my sister feels only guilty enough to take her outside for 1 hour.
2. The daughter is not allowed to watch TV outside of her bedroom.
3. The daughter is not allowed to have toys outside of her bedroom.
4. My sister doesn't do holiday activities, i.e., color easter eggs, see santa, trick-or-treat, etc. My sister says she doesn't have time and has me do it instead.
5. My sister continues to smoke in front of her child, even though she was urged by doctors not to (the daughter was born 3 months premature).
6. My sister does not play any games with her.
7. The daughter knows her letters, but does not know her numbers or colors.
8. My sister does not take her anywhere with her, grocery shopping, paying bills, errands, etc.
9. The daughter comes to my house quite frequently for babysitting. She cries uncontrollably when she leaves because she wants to live with me. She is very vocal about this, even with my sister.
I don't know, but, all things point to my sister really not wanting her. In public, well, that is when I see them together, my sister tells her she loves her and gives her kisses and such, it's just that the other things that are going on lead me to believe otherwise.
Any thoughts from anyone on the subject?