Meika Lynn... Born 3/31

iVillage Member
Meika Lynn... Born 3/31
Thu, 04-22-2010 - 3:59pm

So I am three weeks late in coming back, but here I am. :)

I went in at 6pm on March 29th to be induced. I was at 1cm dilated, so my doc was pretty hopeful for me that it would work. March 31st, I was still at 1cm, hadn't changed at all. He gave me the option of going home and waiting a few days and then coming back in, or doing a c-section, and I chose a c-section.

Meika Lynn was born at 1259 on the 31st of March. She weighed 7 lbs 10 oz and was 21 in. long.

My recovery went great... By Thursday night, I was up and moving around, although it was much slower and kinda painful. We were supposed to be released Saturday, but the baby and I were both doing so well that they let us go home Friday night.

That evening, my hubby had to do something (I think probably move some stuff from the old house to the new one...), and I was staying home with the baby. Our mattress was still on the floor since he hadn't had a chance to put it on its rails or anything yet. The baby and I were hanging out, laying on the bed, doing fine. Then she started wailing... I hadn't realized how hard it was going to be for me to get off of something that was less than 2 feet off the floor into a standing up position. I tried so hard, and I ended up crying because I felt like an idiot for going home a day early because I hadn't realized how hard it was going to be. When Ryan got home, I had him put the bed on the rails for me, and I took some more drugs, and things went a lot smoother after that. :)

She's been doing great since she's been home... I generally put her to bed at 10 with a bottle, and she wakes up around 1 and again around 4-5. I don't think that's too bad for a brand new baby. :) Granted, there have been nights where we stick her in her carseat and drive around to get her to go to sleep. It works really well. :)

Below is a picture of her that I took yesterday.

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-22-2010 - 4:18pm

Congratulations, and welcome to the world, Meika!

She looks very alert for only 3 weeks old! It sounds like you are getting into a good routine.

I hope things continue to go well for all of you! Keep us updated!

RoseAnn

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-22-2010 - 7:13pm
Congrats!!! She is beautiful!!! March babies rock =]
Photobucket

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-22-2010 - 11:18pm
How wonderful & exciting Kayla,
WElcome to your new little one
She is absolutely darling!
Hope things get a bit easier as times goes on.
So glad you shared her pic .. so precious :)
          Click & Join the fun!
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 8:50am

Oh how perfect she is!

waking up twice this early is awesome!

For your c-section recovery get a waist belt thing like the exercise one it hold tummy tight it really helped me.

Click & find friends, fun & fitness
Click & find friends, fun & fitness
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2010 - 9:53am

Congratulations!!!!!! She is so beautiful. My what a little angel! I've heard C-sections are hard to recover from, and I'm so glad your doing better!! Tons of Hugs to you as you recover, and take care of that beautiful baby. Her schedule doesn't sound that bad at all. That's great. I'm very happy for you!

HUGS, * Robyn *

p
p
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 10:38am
Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl :)

<
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-26-2010 - 11:26am
Congratulations! What a precious gift she is!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket