Prayers for my pooch
Find a Conversation
|Sat, 10-23-2010 - 6:14am|
We took Ruby to the vet this week because she was showing signs of a UTI. I went to pick her up on Friday (DH had to drop her off for a few hours because she wasn't initially giving up a urine sample), expecting a quick stop in to get antibiotics and we'd be on our way home.
Instead it turns out she has bladder stones and the primary course of treatment is surgery. Fortunately, the surgery can wait until Monday so at least we aren't incurring emergency fees but it's still expensive and I just worry about my furbaby.
After surgery, she'll have to stay several nights at the vet and then be on prescription food for the rest of her life, in hopes that the stones don't recur.
I'd appreciate if you'd keep her in your thoughts.