Roll call for the week of 9/14-9/20

iVillage Member
Roll call for the week of 9/14-9/20
Sat, 09-13-2003 - 7:31pm
Hello everyone,

I put next weeks roll call in today just to do it ahead of time. What does your week look like? Any fun in it?

For my week, I have to babysit days..it is better than nights and I do get alot more sleep. I also get to spend time with my better-half. I also got to go see my family because I have not seen them in awhile..I have seen my parents, just not the rest of them. Last week, I had to drive Robert to the doctors because of his blackouts..we found out that he is having panic attacks, not seizures like we thought they were. They gave him some pills to take and some percautions to calm down and they have been working great! Some fun in my week, is that we are going to go to the movies and go out to dinner. Such fun!

Misty

----------------------------------------------------------

Misty

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-13-2003 - 8:34pm
I have to work my booty off for 9 days straight! I took off four days in a row last week while my mom was in town so now I'm paying for it... ughhhh

I'm hoping we don't get hit by this Hurricane in the next couple of weeks.

Other than that...Tony (my bf in the Coast Guard) will be home Sept 28 --- that's only 15 more days!!!!! For those who don't know, he's been at sea since July 15th.

Wishing peace and love for everyone this week

Kyla

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-14-2003 - 11:05am
Kayla you must be so excited that he is almost home! YAY! Any big plans to celebrate his return?!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-14-2003 - 11:07am
Not much goingon here this week. Doug is coming home today from a weekend long bachelor party - so I've been "camping out" at my mom's house at night. I'm a wimp and can't stand being here alone at night. Any little noise sets me off! I don't know how people live by themselves - they are much braver than I am!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-14-2003 - 3:50pm
Hmmm....lots and lots of stuff...but I think most of the celebration will take place in our bedroom ;)

lol

Anyway...he's been gone for 2 and a half freakin months! 14 more days til he gets here.. then he leave again Dec 2nd.

Rough life being with a Coast Guard. They keep taking him away from me damnit!

Ahhhh...le sigh....

Kyla
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-14-2003 - 4:54pm
This week, I've got to find a dress because we're going to a wedding next weekend. I'm hoping the scrapbooking stuff I won on e-bay comes in soon, should be coming in within the next couple of days. And the wedding. That's pretty much all I've got planned. Maybe I'll clean the house a little more... maybe not.

=^,,^= Angela

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-14-2003 - 5:05pm
I know what you mean about staying in a house alone. I just did for 2 nights, and the first night I made sure I was totally exhausted and slept like a log. Last night I didn't sleep so well. I can stay alone, just not for much longer than 2 nights and then I start getting uncomfortable. ;D

=^,,^= Angela

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-14-2003 - 7:57pm
I know also what is like to be in a house alone. I can't be in the house alone for more than an hour..it scares me half to death. I have been stalked by my ex's before I was with Robert, so I really can't be in the house alone for a long time.

Misty

----------------------------------------------------------

Misty

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-14-2003 - 9:30pm
After Tony left on July 15th I had a really hard time being alone... especially since I was in a new place. It was scary..not knowing what kind of area it is, or what the crime rate is, not knowing any of your neighbors and not even having any friends locally that you could call!

I talked Tony into letting me get a dog. and I got a BIG BIG dog!!!! he's awesome. sleeps in my bed everynight and will jump up and bark at the tiniest noise. he's very protective and looks really mean.... *** dont tell the bad guys this, but he's actually really sweet and might just lick you to death!*** :P

Anyhoo... Can't wait...I'm counting the days til he gets home and I have him all to myself for 2 whole months!

What do you girls do to pass time when you are alone?

Any suggestions/ideas???

Kyla

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2003 - 12:51pm
I go and sleep at my parent's house when he is away - can you say WIMP! LOL! During the days I just busy myself around the house doing laundry, washing the floors, anything that keeps me busy.

However, since you have to deal with months at a time - I would suggest joining some kind of a book club or something that you can go to every week or so you constantly have an activity to look foward too!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2003 - 4:00pm
I wish my family was closer and I could go spend time with them! I was really lucky to have both my sister and my mom visit me this past month, and that was really nice for getting my mind of the waiting game.

I like your suggestion...except there arent many activities down here in Key West besides bars!!!! and I'm NOT going to tempt myself by going out to bars alone. I have made a couple of friends and spend time with them when our schedules permit. I should do some research on what type of groups there are down here to get involved in...there has to be something, right?

I do the whole cleaning thing, and pulling weeds in my yard, decorating the house, rearranging furniture... lol

Any other ideas/suggestions??? I think this could be a cool poll....

Kyla

Pages