!!HAPPY 150TH BIRTHDAY TO US!!

iVillage Member
!!HAPPY 150TH BIRTHDAY TO US!!
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:34pm
Since we're currently on #149, this is technically our 150th board! Big celebration! I was hoping we'd open with quite some fanfare, visitors of distinction and trumpets blaring, but now that we've rolled over, I think we might just have a celebration between ourselves - till we adjust.

Be sure to collect your party hat and streamers when you sign in for roll call!

Tell us under this thread your favourite party story. What was your best ever party? Or most embarrassing party moment? Share share share!!

YAY, WE'RE 150!!

Eve

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:37pm
I don't believe it! Our big day and technically there are no more board numbers!

Cheers everyone!

~Brat~

Your CL at: Ask the Healthy Eating Expert <

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:41pm
Yeah, bummer, but hey, let's party anyway! Who's got the drinks? LOL nmt

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:53pm
*bringing in Champagne bottles and glasses*

~*~*~ H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !!! ~*~*~

Wooooo-Hoooo!!!

Who wants to drink? Coke, soda, wine, beer, water, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, Sprite, Margaritas, Vodka... ???

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:21am
Eve!

You crack me up! I'm not sure I have a favorite party moment, or even a most embarrasing party moment. I'm boring when it comes to parties. I'm just going to sit in my happy little corner watching all the excitement around me. Hey, who forgot the Doritos!?!?

=^,,^= Angela

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 1:32am
Yay for us!!! I have way too many embarassing party stories to share...let's just say that Kristen and alcohol don't mix well. LOL

~Kristen

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:18am
Yay!! A party!!

Can I get some coffee though? *yawn* It's way too early here!

As for embarrassing party stories - way too many to mention. Although there is now a phrase among the people I used to work with in Japan - "Doing a Jo" (usually involves hideous amounts of spirits, tears, tantrums and being asleep by 9pm!)

LOL - I just remembered, the last time someone mentioned, one of my friends said "X did a Jo on it last weekend. But she wasn't half as classy as you were about it." I didn't think I was a classy drunk!! But there you go.

There was also my 21st (my first party - I had two!). It wasn't embarrassing so much as annoying - I was on crutches! And, as I was wandering around a lot to talk to everyone, I couldn't hold a drink - I ended up being the only sober one there - and the included my parents!!

Ok, enough stories - lets get on with party .... did anyone bring those cool streamer popper things, or do you want me to run out to the shop?!

-- Jo

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:25am
LOL Happy Birthday LDR BOARD!!!!! =o)

My most awesome party time was last summer in Spain. I wasn't in the mood that night drying dishes at my friend's restaurant while there was stripteases both male and female ones for Bachelors Parties...that's when I missed my family, friends and Rob! But soon after it was all done, my friend made us some Cubata (Dry gin with Fanta) oh yea, and then we met with some other of her friends in a bar and we had some more, actually had two more of Cubata there. And then we procedeed to a club nearby. I have to say that this was my first time boozed, and everything around me was hilariously funny!!! We had some more of Cubata at the club and I couldn't see what was in front of me, lol....and then I felt a burn on my hand, a very delayed Ouch!! And this guy appoligized for burning me with his cigarette and then on kissing my hand. LOL It was defintely awesome party time, I'll never forget. That morning when we got to the house around 5ish, my friend cooked us some beans and we ate and laughed about our night. :)

So let's party and laugh our butts off!! lol ;)

Who's the bartender tonight? I want some Apple Martini!! ;)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:04am
Jenny!! You must be the drinks queen,

LOL...pass some over please, I'll take a Diet Pepsi, I'm hooked on the stuff

:-)

Jenn

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:10am
*~*Food's arrived*~*

You should see the delivery guy, ooh la la!!!

Dishing it up and passing it round, who wants what???

(No, I don't have any good party stories. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 12:57pm
I'll take a piece of pepperoni & mushroom pizza, with an iced tea. not old enough to drink "legally" but i have a story or two. But they are a little foggy in my brain....maybe some other day! Party on Everyone!!!!!

~Christina