1/30 Weekly Confessional... (cuz it was getting too big!)

iVillage Member
1/30 Weekly Confessional... (cuz it was getting too big!)
Sun, 01-30-2011 - 12:56pm

My confession today is I just realized that I've had one or two FB friends deleted me!

Tricia

Pages

iVillage Member
LOL I've had a lot delete me lately. One actually really surprised me and bothered me enough to send him a message. Not asking why he deleted me or anything, just a message. He's a Marine and just got stationed in Japan for 5-6 months and has a newborn. I know for a fact we were still friends on FB during the BCS National Championship game because he's a huge Auburn fan and I remember seeing him complain about not getting to watch it. But I tried to go by his page one day this week to see how he was adjusting and see how things were going and I couldn't get him to pull up to save my life. So I went to an old album of pictures of us and sure enough, he still has a facebook, he just deleted me! I found it really odd considering in September when his baby was a newborn, and I was visiting California (when not deployed, he's stationed in San Diego) we tried to meet up for dinner! But anyways, he's not the only one that's deleted me lately, but he is one that kinda bugged me. Oh well!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Well I really didn't even notice until she posted on another family member's page. LOL Then I was like.. hmmm wait. (She's extended family) The other person is not a loss really.

As for the one friend, it may have been something as simple as his wife not really liking the idea. I know Juan had one girl that he added that it just didn't sit well with me and we had to have a discussion. There is a long, drawn out history to that story though.

Tricia

iVillage Member

Ppl really need to get over themselves with FB. Twitter, etc....

My confession is that I found out that A has reconnected with an old friend and I want to scream at the top of my lungs for it like an immature brat. This particular friend was his gf in hs. That really doesn't bother so much bc hs is ancient history when you're at this age.

However, she has admitted on several occasions that she is unhappy in her marriage and has also openly flirted with him on more than one occasion when I was not present.

iVillage Member
yeah, who knows. she's never met me, so that could be it, but I'm also still friends with his ex-best-friend who they had a major falling out so that could contribute a but, too. I'm not the only one still friends with her and he didn't delete other people, but he has known them significantly longer than he's known me so that could be it, too. Honestly, I haven't dwelled on it at all until you posted on here, LOL

now, my turn...

I confess that I would almost prefer Nic get a job with a private contractor and go to Iraq for a few months if it will make him happier than he is right now. Wow, never thought I'd hear THAT come out of my mouth! But seriously, he worked midnight last night to 8 AM this morning and he's working it again tonight. He absolutely HATES this position, to the point that when he is getting dressed to go, he snaps my head off, basically ignores all attempts for me to hug or kiss him goodbye, and gripes and complains the entire time. While I don't understand his complete disdain towards this job, I do understand that it is making him VERY unhappy to say the least, and it's having an impact on our relationship the days that he does go to work.

I also confess that I'm already stressing out a little bit about wedding planning and we're barely engaged and looking at a date over a year away. How sad is that? Really, it's just the fact that I'm planning from afar and want to get a venue set so we can start giving his family information since they'll all be travelling from California or Ohio if they attend. And that's difficult to do when you have to drive all the way through Georgia into Florida to get to where we're wanting the ceremony to be! Luckily I have an awesome friend that lives down there and she's been a great help so far. I just hope we can manage to make it down there ourselves in the next few months to actually try and book a place!
Photobucket

iVillage Member

I confess

I hate doing timesheets for work. It's so redundant. Not only do I do a paper timesheet that the parents sign at the end of session (which I'm bad about) I also have to log my time in daily. THEN at the end of each month I have to resubmit the timesheets online AND fax or email them in. SO dumb,

As much as I love this new job, I miss having a stable, nonsplit work shift. To the point I'm thinking of applying with the shipyard to see if I can get in with HR or some other office type job.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

A bunch of us went out to Red Lobster last night for dinner.

Tricia

iVillage Member

I confess that I've had Food, Inc, Super-size Me, and The Future of Food in my Netflix queue for ages but have been putting off watching them because I'm afraid I'll end up feeling compelled to trash all the food in my cabinets and freezer and start from scratch (and, frankly, that's a lot of work and money). However, considering the way lunch from McDonald's made me feel today, I might give in.

iVillage Member

I confess that I giggled during the 21-gun salute at my grandpop's funeral, due to the fact that my mom jumped like 3ft in the air with the first shot.

iVillage Member
Supersize Me is so disgusting!! I'd totally say go for it though
Photobucket

iVillage Member

I confess that I don't understand people and their whole weather freakout especially when its not that bad here except for wind.

Tricia

Pages