Confessions: Week of February 28, 2011

iVillage Member
Confessions: Week of February 28, 2011
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 6:55am

I confess that I really don't have anything confess at the moment. I just needed to start the thread!

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 7:15am
That's ok. We forgive you ;) Oh btw, Mel was Tom at Fort Huachuca? Juan is looking at the UAV reclass.

Tricia

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 9:06am
That sounds right, but it may just be because I have another friend from OT school whose hubby is stationed there. But I think they were at the same place... I think. lol
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2011 - 12:08pm
I have a friend who just PCSed from there. She loved it, but then again they are in Alaska now, so that might have something to do with it.

I confess I H-A-T-E HATE the deployment process with NG. It is so long and drawn out and I am already soooooooo over it!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 3:03pm

Yes. We were at Huachuca for 6 months. The post is really, really tiny. Almost no one is actually posted there. It's mostly people going through various schools and the instructors.

We lived off post in a furnished apartment for Tom's per diem, so I can't tell you anything about housing.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 6:40pm

If he gets the reclass, we will have a 6 months assignment there.

Tricia

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 9:16pm
So this is quickly turning into a NON confessions thread, but I have no objections... did you ever make it to White Sands while ya'll were there, Mel? It was gorgeous!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-01-2011 - 11:10pm

6 months seems to be the standard. That's how long we were there, too.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-02-2011 - 9:03pm

I confess that the overwhelming number of political posts popping up in my Facebook feed lately is annoying the crap out of me and that you shouldn't read any further if you might get easily offended. (Also, I have to add the obligatory reminder that this isn't a debate board, so if you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine, and you're free to express yours, but everyone has to be all nice about it and not argue and stuff.)

I confess it annoys me so much because 90% of them are people flying off the handle about things they haven't actually read and/or thought about.

I confess that I'm sick of hearing people talk about the "stupid Southerners in Georgia" and the proposed law that supposedly proposes the death penalty as a viable punishment for a woman who suffers a natural miscarriage. First, I don't vote in Georgia, but I live here, I'm a Republican, and since I'm a first generation Yankee (meaning born north of the Mason-Dixon line), I identify as a Southerner. I am neither stupid or extremist. Second, read the darn thing. It's obvious that the proposed law is meant to open the door to punishment for anyone who takes measures to cause a miscarriage. I believe it is worded as "human intervention" or something of the sort. This is a good thing

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-02-2011 - 9:13pm
Agreed can we stop beating the dead horse that is Charlie Sheen and the "eff the Republicans." I don't agree with their decision about cutting planned parenthood funding but something's gotta give. I don't think you're a lunatic. It gets on my nerves too. ;)

I confess I've made some-type of pasta-type dish everyday this week. I really need to inject more creativity into my cooking before A fails his ht/wt the next time he gets taped and my sugar gets out of control.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-03-2011 - 1:59pm
I'm with you on everything you just posted, so if you're a lunatic I am too ;-)
Photobucket

Pages