Monday Motivation: Week of 02/08/2010

iVillage Member
Monday Motivation: Week of 02/08/2010
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 8:49am
Good morning, and welcome to another week! It's time to set some goals and motivate each other to accomplish everything we wish to accomplish!

If you have any long-term goals, resolutions that you made over New Years or general ideas of things you would like to accomplish, this is the place to start! Many experts have said over and over again the goal-setting is the best way to achieve anything because if you know what you are reaching for, you can take the right steps toward it.

The advantage of this thread is that we can all help each other. Especially when somebody accomplishes a weekly milestone they find difficult, we can cheer them on. This thread also gives each of us a chance to put our goals to paper and report back in on progress. When you see progress, it's easier to stay motivated!

So here are the questions for the week:

1. Do you have any long-term goals that you would like to accomplish?

2. What are your goals this week?

3. Do you have something motivational to share?

4. Give us a progress update (either on last week's goals or this week's so far)!
By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 9:32am

1. Lose 50 lbs.

2. Health appointments: OB/GYN, GP, Endocrinologist, Dermatologist

3. Transition some of our foods into organic.

4. Become more active -- in whatever way I can make that happen.

5. Find some routine time just for me. Let's face it, I love being a SAHM, but I need a break on occasion.

6. Write something. Routinely.

7. Move to and get settled at Fort Gordon.

1. Lose some weight.

2. Attend my OB/GYN appointment.

3. Remember to see if organic meat is available at our grocery store.

4. Reach a 500 calorie deficit each day on my bodybugg.

5. Meet my SparkPeople calorie range every day.

6. Drink 64 ounces of water every day.
7. Work out in the fitness center 3 times this week.

8. Leave Toby with Tom for one hour so I can do my own thing and take a break.

9. Choose a project to work on and devote at least one hour to it this week.

10. Make my to-do list for our upcoming move.

11. Clean out the closet in the master bedroom.

12. Shop for and prepare road trip food and pack for this weekend's trip to San Diego.

3. Do you have something motivational to share?

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, magic, and power in it." -- Goethe

4. Give us a progress update (either on last week's goals or this week's so far)!

Last Week's Goals:

1. Meet my calorie range every day, and drink 64 ounces of water daily.

~ I was under my calorie range 6 of 7 days this week and in range on the remaining day. Being under is almost as bad as being over for me, so I need to work on that. I met my water goal all but 1 or 2 days.

2. Move at least 5 minutes per day outside of my normal duties.

~ I actually made this one happen every day!

3. Transition the rest of the necessary produce to organic.

~Done!

4. Leave Toby with Tom for at least half an hour and do something just for me.

~ On my first attempt, I decided to go to the bookstore and browse through some cookbooks I'd been wanting to check out. I copped out and did it during Toby's nap. Granted, it still met the goal, but I know I need to learn to be okay with leaving Toby with Tom when it isn't nap time. So, later that afternoon, I left a very awake and playful Toby with his Daddy for an hour while I went down to the fitness center to log some time on the treadmill and watch non-PBS TV.

5. Pack up all unnecessary items to be shipped to my parents' house prior to our next move.

~ Didn't happen. I think I need to rework my plan.

6. Buy the rest of Tom's Valentine's Day gifts.

~ Done! I finally found the last item at the bookstore.

7. Find another real estate agent in the Fort Gordon area, and update my search through listings. Options are important.

~ I've bookmarked some agents' websites, but I'm not sure there's a lot of point in looking right now. I'm wondering if the best strategy might be to simply contact a couple of agents a week or two before going down there to look and make a decision.

8. Choose a project to work on, and spend 15 minutes of Toby's naptime working on it at least twice this week.

~I didn't do this. For some reason, writing keeps taking a back seat with me.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 9:38am

Good morning, ladies! This is the last week of the Chinese 2009 - Feb 14th is the Chinese New Year. It will be the year of the Tiger.

1. Complete my Toastmasters advanced communication manual by Jan 2011
  2. Finish my taxes by March 1, 2010 (we are gone most of March, and I won't have the stress of taxes hanging over my head on holiday!)
  3. Make regular exercise a habit

1. Walk at least 3 times for 1/2 hour
  2. Finish the
Photobucket
Community Leader
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 11:43am

1. Do you have any long-term goals that you would like to accomplish? ** Get in better shape while Rob is gone. I would love to tone up some areas. We also want to save up a bunch of money while he's gone.

2. What are your goals this week? ** Get settled into the new house and try not to buy a bunch of junk food. I'm going grocery shopping today, so I want to get some healthy snack.

3. Do you have something motivational to share? ** I'm starting week 5 of this deployment with a smile on my face. :) It's motivational for me at least, not sure about anyone else.

4. Give us a progress update (either on last week's goals or this week's so far)! ** I didn't have any goals for last week, but the weeks before that were all about getting through the beginning of this deployment. I'm really in it now and feeling 100% better than that first week. I was really caught off guard by how I felt with him leaving. I thought I was really prepared for it, but I realize now that it's not something you could completely prepare for. Nathan and I have gotten our routine down and Rob is getting settled in over there. He should have internet by the end of the week!

fall siggie
Thank you to mom2jess_n_ky for my beautiful siggy!
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 1:52pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 9:39pm

1)Start (and finish) my doctorate in nursing. Goal is to start in 2012.

2)Get my weight down to where I no longer need to be taped.

Photobucket  
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 2:41pm
Mid-week update!

1. Lose some weight.

~ Yesterday's weigh-in showed a 1.5 pound loss.

2. Attend my OB/GYN appointment.

~ I did that this morning.

3. Remember to see if organic meat is available at our grocery store.

4. Reach a 500 calorie deficit each day on my bodybugg.

~ Monday's deficit was 1349 (meaning my body burned 1349 calories more than I consumed that day). Yesterday's was 1006 as of my bodybugg upload at 9:30 last night.

5. Meet my SparkPeople calorie range every day.

~ I was under my range on both Monday and Tuesday.

6. Drink 64 ounces of water every day.

~ I only made it to 4 on Monday and 7 on Tuesday.

7. Work out in the fitness center 3 times this week.

~ I did enough walking on Monday that I opted out of the fitness center for fear of overdoing it. Since I burned so many extra calories that day, I'm counting it. Yesterday, I tried to get in after hours, but my key didn't work, so I need to talk to the office about that.

8. Leave Toby with Tom for one hour so I can do my own thing and take a break.

9. Choose a project to work on and devote at least one hour to it this week.

10. Make my to-do list for our upcoming move.

~ I've decided to put this off until we return from San Diego. I'm a little overwhelmed this week.

11. Clean out the closet in the master bedroom.

12. Shop for and prepare road trip food and pack for this weekend's trip to San Diego.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-10-2010 - 7:00pm
1. Walk at least 3 times for 1/2 hour

Photobucket