Monday Motivation: Week of 02/15/10

iVillage Member
Monday Motivation: Week of 02/15/10
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 11:23am

Good morning, and welcome to another week for achieving your goals! Studies have shown that goals are the key to success. If there is anything you would like to change about your life (health, weight, financial situation, career, etc.), goals are the place to start. Even if you're not sure exactly what you are aiming for, start with small goals, and you'll be surprised at how much you can accomplish.

The advantage of this thread is that we can all help each other. Especially when somebody accomplishes a weekly milestone they find difficult, we can cheer them on. This thread also gives each of us a chance to put our goals to paper and report back in on progress. When you see progress, it's easier to stay motivated!

So here are the questions for the week:

1. Do you have any long-term goals that you would like to accomplish?

2. What are your goals this week?

3. Do you have something motivational to share?

4. Give us a progress update (either on last week's goals or this week's so far)!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 11:32am
1. Do you have any long-term goals that you would like to accomplish?

1. Complete my Toastmasters advanced communication manual by Jan 2011
  2. Finish my taxes by March 1, 2010 (we are gone most of March, and I won't have the stress of taxes hanging over my head on holiday!)
  3. Make regular exercise a habit

4. Get my weight down to 130 pounds

2. What are your goals this week?

1. Walk at least 3 times for 1/2 hour
  2. Finish a rough draft (of the wording) of the website I am putting together
  3. Keep my chocolate intake down to approximately 1 serving per day

4. Shut one of my bank accounts

5. Start working on my taxes

3. Do you have something motivational to share?
There is a wonderful YouTube video I saw last week called "Lemonade". It was directed and produced by people who had been laid off in the great recession, and it's about how different people followed their passions and found new and fulfilling careers after their job losses. Sometimes a bad event is an opportunity in disguise.

4. Give us a progress update (either on last week's goals or this week's so far)!

1. Walk at least 3 times for 1/2 hour - I only walked twice last week, but there were two massive snowstorms that made it difficult.
  2. Finish a rough draft of the e-book - the first draft is complete, and I'm waiting for comments from different people before finalizing it. Right on track with this goal!
  3. Cut down on the amount of sugar I normally eat - it's a little hard to judge this one since I don't journal my food, but I'm pretty sure that I cut back on my normal sugar intake.

:-) Marin

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 2:52pm

Mid-week update!!!

I know this thread hasn't been very popular so far this week, but it's not too late to add your weekly goals! Anything that's been weighing on your mind? Is there something the you would like to accomplish because you know it would feel good?

So, progress on my goals this week ...

1. Walk at least 3 times for 1/2 hour - I've walked twice this week and plan to walk for the third time tomorrow.
  2. Finish a rough draft (of the wording) of the website I am putting together - I haven't gotten too far with this goal, although I did do some work on it on Monday
  3. Keep my chocolate intake down to approximately 1 serving per day - I'm taking in around 1.5 servings per day right now, although this is still less than what I have consumed on average in the past!
  4. Shut one of my bank accounts - I moved most of the money out of this account; once that clears, I'll close it
  5. Start working on my taxes - I did a little over an hour of work on this last night

:-) Marin

Photobucket
Photobucket