Monday Motivation: Week of 02/22/2010

iVillage Member
Monday Motivation: Week of 02/22/2010
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:31am
Good morning, and welcome to another week! It's time to set some goals and motivate each other to accomplish everything we wish to accomplish!

If you have any long-term goals, resolutions that you made over New Years or general ideas of things you would like to accomplish, this is the place to start! Many experts have said over and over again the goal-setting is the best way to achieve anything because if you know what you are reaching for, you can take the right steps toward it.

The advantage of this thread is that we can all help each other. Especially when somebody accomplishes a weekly milestone they find difficult, we can cheer them on. This thread also gives each of us a chance to put our goals to paper and report back in on progress. When you see progress, it's easier to stay motivated!

So here are the questions for the week:

1. Do you have any long-term goals that you would like to accomplish?

2. What are your goals this week?

3. Do you have something motivational to share?

4. Give us a progress update (either on last week's goals or this week's so far)!
By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:53am
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:32pm

It's been a month! Apparently I'm not very motivated...

1. Do you have any long-term goals that you would like to accomplish?
a) Finish a draft of my Masters by the end of spring break (moving this out a bit, as this seems to be a little more realistic considering everything else I have to do!)
b) Name change - I think I'm pushing this out out a bit too, but it needs to get done eventually.
c) Exercise regularly
d) Drop some pounds

2. What are your goals this week?
1) Finish annotated bibliographies for class
2) Finish a draft of the final project for a class
3) Exercise two more times this week
4) Be a little nicer to myself regarding my eating habits.
5) Work on my Masters paper only Wed, Thurs, Fri

3. Do you have something motivational to share?
Search for "Extraordinary Pantene Commercial" on YouTube. It really is!

4. Give us a progress update (either on last week's goals or this week's so far)!

I have been menu planning, and buying better foods. It is costing me more, but I'm okay with that. I have tried a few more recipes, or variations on my normal fare, and I can't say I'm disappointed. I have no idea if I've lost any weight. I can't say I'm actively trying, though. I should be, but I'm worried/stressed about many other things, and don't want to add "losing weight" to that. I think I need to ban myself from eating while studying. That may solve the problem! ha

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 10:19am

Tracy,

Personally, I found changing my name to be a bit of a pain. I still have some accounts with my old name because I haven't bothered with changing it - for instance, a lot of banks require you to send in a copy of your marriage certificate. It's just an extra step that I didn't always want to hassle with.

Also, here's a piece of advice - the first place you should go to change your name is the Social Security office. I went to the DMV first to change my drivers license, and they said that sometimes they can't change the name until the Social Security card has been updated.

As for eating healthier, I've found that meal planning is

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 8:15pm

Hi Marin,

I actually went to the SS office first, and they didn't want to change my name until I had a license with my new name. I think I'll try again and see what happens!

I rarely eat out, as I can't afford it right now. I am far from creative when it comes to my meals, and I'm a little boring with them. I've been trying to incorporate new foods and more of a variety as well. I have tended to be very picky in my food choices, although the last few years I have been introduced to a wide variety of new foods, and am really excited to learn how to use them. If you have any recipes you feel like sharing, I'd love to try them!

Oh, I asked for my adviser for some direction, and had him read over my primary sources. He's very excited about the possibilities of the material. While that gives me some hope (I was afraid it was going to be very boring!) it also is a bit intimidating. Although, now that he has a familiarity with the material, I think it will make the process a lot easier.

-Tracy

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 8:45am
I'm just popping into this thread to let you know that I haven't forgotten about Monday Motivation. I've just been too busy to even sit down and outline my goals and progress. Hopefully, I'll be back on track next week. But I'm happy to see you guys are making progress! (And would you like to see a recipe thread started?)
By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 10:01am

Tracy,

Maybe things work differently in your state. I think it would be worth calling the DMV, though, to check that they can change your license before changing the SS #. There are a lot of incompetent people within Social Security - they lost Claudio's SS application and kept trying to send us back to Immigration, claiming that Immigration hadn't submitted the paperwork (while Immigration had a paper trail indicating that they had submitted Claudio's paperwork

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 10:02am

Mel,

I think it would be great to have a recipe thread! I'm always looking for new recipes, especially healthy ones.

:-) Marin

Photobucket
Photobucket