QOTD Friday, 01/29/2010

iVillage Member
QOTD Friday, 01/29/2010
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 9:22am

Good morning!

1. Tell us something about yesterday.

2. What's something that is better once the newness has worn off (i.e. after it's been broken in or aged a bit)?

3. What is something you already own that could stand to be replaced by a newer version?

4. What is something that was better before it was "new and improved"?

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 9:31am

~ Toby took 2 naps! He hardly ever takes his afternoon nap anymore even though he really does still need it.

2. What's something that is better once the newness has worn off (i.e. after it's been broken in or aged a bit)?
~ Blue jeans!

3. What is something you already own that could stand to be replaced by a newer version?
~ Everything we have works just fine, but it would be nice to have a newer, slimmer television set. Maybe even with a bigger screen.

~ The Ziploc Vacuum Seal bags. Yes, the old battery-operated vacuum was a pain because it was hard to create a seal, but the new bags with the manual pump leak air and don't stay vacuum sealed.

~ This morning I got an e-mail that really soured my mood, so the fun shopping that was a "maybe" for today is now a definite. I also need to do some housework and am making Pad Thai for dinner tonight (not out of a box!). Tomorrow, Tom has to work for a little while, so when he does that, I'm thinking of doing some exploring with Toby. It depends on the weather and what I come up with. I'm making Vegetarian Cashew Chili tomorrow for dinner. And on Sunday, we'll probably just hang out as a family here at home, and I'll cook dinner (not sure what yet).

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 10:12am

1. Tell us something about yesterday. Claudio and I looked for a jacket for me, but we didn't see anything that I wanted. We'll probably look again this weekend.

2. What's something that is better once the newness has worn off (i.e. after it's been broken in or aged a bit)? I second blue jeans.

3. What is something you already own that could stand to be replaced by a newer version? I really could use some new work pants - I have a hard time finding pants that fit well because of my body shape, and my black and gray pants don't look that good on me.

4. What is something that was better before it was "new and improved"? My company changed its internal website a couple of months ago, and I still can't figure out how to navigate it. The old website was much easier to use (I was able to figure

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 12:37pm

1. Tell us something about yesterday. Yesterday Rk's new laptop came in , but since he only has dial-up internet, i spent all night downloading programs and such. I spent 3 hours downloading a game he wanted only to discover, when it was done, that it didn't work for Windows 7...rawr. lol. At 130a.m. it was kind of funny though :)

2. What's something that is better once the newness has worn off (i.e. after it's been broken in or aged a bit)?Sneakers. I'm all for comfy shoes.

3. What is something you already own that could stand to be replaced by a newer version? Work attire, mainly heels. I only have a few pairs in the typical black/brown, but they're kind of weathered. I try to get away with wearing flats (and sneakers on friday) whenever i can, but i probably should strive for the "more professional" look. I like the look of heels, but my feet get so cold and i've never found them comfortable.

4. What is something that was better before it was "new and improved"? American Eagle jeans. They reinvented their line and have the whole new "skinny jeans" thing going on, and i can't say i'm a fan...just regular, slight flare leg jeans please.

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend? I have an all day (8a.m. to 5p.m.) Red Cross training on Saturday that i am NOT looking forward to. I'm going to watch Avatar and the Blind Side on base with a friend. Studying, of course, and hopefully at some point (or two) i'll actually get on the bike. Things have been hectic and i admit that i've been avoiding it.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 1:14pm

TGIF!

1. Tell us something about yesterday. Oh just pointless drama. that turned out to me a just a misunderstanding with Dan's brother and I. He thought

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-30-2010 - 8:54am

Photobucket
Thanks Lauren for
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-30-2010 - 11:36pm

Good morning!

Yesterday was a good day at clinical. Finally got to run to a delivery. Learned quite a few things and then treated myself to watching a movie with a glass of wine before bed, after doing a little research.

good jeans :) When they are broken in and seem to just be perfect.
my workout clothes.... and my pillow

neosuckers (for suctioning mouths and noses) at work- the "new and improved" are "new and inferior" lol. probably "improved" by someone not in clinical practice.

research, write papers, research, re-write papers, research, write papers, take a quiz, and get some sleep.

*happy weekend, ladies! Praying everyone has a good week ahead

God bless,
wendy
God bless,
wendy

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-30-2010 - 11:41pm
Happy Birthday!!!!1 Hope you made it out for your run, and that the weather was a little warmer than expected! Enjoy the weekend :)
God bless,
wendy
God bless,
wendy