QOTD Friday, 02/05/2010

iVillage Member
QOTD Friday, 02/05/2010
Fri, 02-05-2010 - 9:33am

Good morning, and happy Friday!

1. Tell us something about yesterday.

2. Today is National Weatherman's Day. What is the weather supposed to be like today where you live?

3. February is American Heart Month. Do you know anyone who has been affected by heart disease/a heart attack? How has it affected your life?

4. February is also An Affair to Remember month. What was the last social event you attended? Why was it particularly memorable or unmemorable?

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-05-2010 - 9:51am

~ I got 12 inches cut off my hair. See horrible webcam picture below.

2. Today is National Weatherman's Day. What is the weather supposed to be like today where you live?
~ Sunny and in the 60's, I believe.

3. February is American Heart Month. Do you know anyone who has been affected by heart disease/a heart attack? How has it affected your life?
~ High blood pressure affects my mom and grandparents, and I have an aunt and an uncle who have both had heart attacks. Mostly, it just keeps me mindful of how I cook/eat and such. I also know my blood pressure has to be monitored very closely when I'm pregnant because I'm at high risk of preeclampsia due to my family's blood pressure history and the fact that my mother had it with me.

4. February is also An Affair to Remember month. What was the last social event you attended? Why was it particularly memorable or unmemorable?
~ The last actual event we attended was the wine-tasting/farewell party for our best friends before they moved to Fort Belvoir for Michael to begin his term as a Congressional Fellow. It was particularly memorable because they were moving and because it was Toby's first social outing (he was 2 days shy of being 1 month old). The last time we went out was to an impromptu end-of-phase dinner with Tom's classmates. It was fun, but mostly, it'll go down in my memory as yet another dinner where I took care of Toby and was largely outside of the conversation.

~ I was kicking around the idea of going to Tucson today. I need to get the supplies for Cassie's baby gift because I'm horribly behind on it and can't find the supplies here. I'm just not sure I feel like driving to Tucson after running errands all day yesterday. If don't go, I'll have to do it Monday or Tuesday, and I'll work around the house today. If the weather cooperates, I'd like to take Toby to the park on Saturday. Tom hasn't been with us yet, and I think he's a little jealous. If it doesn't, maybe we'll use the opportunity to go to the air and space museum. Other than that, I don't have any plans

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-05-2010 - 11:45am

Mel, I think your hair looks really cute! I like the length and how it skims your shoulders.

1. Tell us something about yesterday. I braved the supermarket to stock up on food for the week. Actually, the store wasn't that crowded, although they were out of a lot of things. I guess everyone else stocked up earlier.

It was just in the parking lot that I wanted to whack someone. I walked to my car with my groceries, and a guy pulls up and decides to wait for my spot (while I'm still unloading). It's not like the parking lot was crowded either. So I unload my groceries, take the cart back, and get in my car. Well, while I was doing this, another spot opens up, and the guy decides to wait for it ... right behind my car. So I can't back out. Then he decides that he wants to back into the spot, but he has to wait for about 5 cars to get through, and then he has to try 2-3 times to actually get into the spot backwards. If he had gone in frontwards, it would have saved him a few minutes. In the meantime, I can't back out because he's in my path. It's not like I was in a hurry, but I was just annoyed at the jerk.

2. Today is National Weatherman's Day. What is the weather supposed to be like today where you live? It's supposed to snow up to 2 feet from today through tomorrow. Argh - I'm about to pack it up and move to Brazil or southern Spain or anywhere far far away from snow.

3. February is American Heart Month. Do you know anyone who has been affected by heart disease/a heart attack? How has it affected your life? My grandpa has had two mild heart attacks, but he is currently the ripe old age of 90, so it hasn't slowed him down. Overall, he's pretty healthy. :-) His heart attack actually has affected my life because high cholesterol runs in our family, and his history also means that I will be at risk of a heart attack as I age. My cholesterol level is naturally high, and I've changed my diet to bring it down to normal levels.

4. February is also An Affair to Remember month. What was the last social event you attended? Why was it particularly memorable or unmemorable? I guess the last social event

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-05-2010 - 2:27pm
Good morning, and happy Friday!
Good afternoon!! TGIF!!

Ugh... yesterday was a bad day. Everything seemed to pile up on me and I got pretty fed up... But at least it's today now! =)

Rain, rain, and I think we're gonna get some rain... I am SO ready for warmer weather and less rain! lol

Adams Dad has had a couple heart attacks and continues to have problems with his heart. This hasn't directly effected me yet, but I know that it will in the future. =(

Hmmm... Maybe the Marine Ball in Oct 08?? It was quite memorable, it was the first time I got to see Adam in his blues, soooo handsome!

Relax! I think we are just going to chill out at home for the most part. Other than going to see Dear John of course!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-05-2010 - 4:58pm

Yesterday I was able to get a lot accomplished with tasks around my apt, as well as some school work! I feel like did a lot more that I can account for this morning.... lol

Today we are gearing up for a snowstorm! I am hoping we will actually get a REAL blizzard! I have to be at work both days, but I am soiled and I can walk to work :)

One of my best friends- his dad passed away on 7/5 d/t a massive heart attack. Very healthy man, just literally stood up and dropped. It has been rough to accept that this tragedy occurred. Hoping my friend will take this as a cue to slow down a bit, but that is hard for him to do w/his profession.

The last social event was probably NYE out with Ben and friends. we got to welcome in the new year, on the beach, with champagne- it was beautiful.

today is trying to finish the things I was not able to get done yesterday, and well as do some more. I had some appts this morning and also bought some tulips to brighten my room. This weekend is work and school work in the evenings.

God bless,
wendy
God bless,
wendy

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-05-2010 - 5:57pm

Love the hair mel - it definitely makes you look more sophisticated :)

1. Tell us something about yesterday. I got into this *ridiculous* debate with a friend about the difference between lying and just not-knowing/not understanding/difference of opinion. He thought that if he said something that was "truth" (the sky is blue, for example) and someone disagrees with him than that person is calling him a liar. Also, if the someone who is disagreeing is colorblind and sees that the sky is red (which is his "truth") than he is lying because he's not telling the truth (that the sky is blue). Argh. I'm still frustrated! It's not lying!

2. Today is National Weatherman's Day. What is the weather supposed to be like today where you live? It's supposed to rain tonight, but i'll see it when i believe it lol

3. February is American Heart Month. Do you know anyone who has been affected by heart disease/a heart attack? How has it affected your life? I think that my grandpa had heart disease and died of a heart attack, but i was pretty young so i don't really remember.

4. February is also An Affair to Remember month. What was the last social event you attended? Why was it particularly memorable or unmemorable? Um......one of my girlfriends got married last May (i can't think of an "event" that happened since then). It was definitely memorable when the step-mother-of-the-bride had a hissy fit and stormed out during the banquet during the bride/groom thank you speech...

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend? I'm on call with the Red Cross disaster action team this weekend, so i can't stray too far and i probably shouldn't ride the bike. I'm probably just going to meet up with a friend for dinner on Fri and Sat and then study for this dang test!

Community Leader
Fri, 02-05-2010 - 11:37pm

Good morning, and happy Friday! ** TGIF!!!!

1. Tell us something about yesterday. ** I went to do the (hopefully) last set of lab work before my tubal reversal yesterday...now just to wait for the doctor to call and get me scheduled!

2. Today is National Weatherman's Day. What is the weather supposed to be like today where you live? ** It was in the 30s all day and we got about an inch of snow first thing in the morning (which was gone by nightfall).

3. February is American Heart Month. Do you know anyone who has been affected by heart disease/a heart attack? How has it affected your life? ** My grandmother had 2 heart attacks when she was in her 20s and a few other people in my family died from heart attacks later in life (in their 70s). With heart disease and diabetes running in my family, I try hard to stay healthy and maintain a healthy weight.

4. February is also An Affair to Remember month. What was the last social event you attended? Why was it particularly memorable or unmemorable? ** The last social event I went to was the battalion pot luck dinner/FRG meeting a week or so ago. It was memorable because it was pure chaos. They didn't do a really good job of keeping things organized.

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend? ** Nathan and I are moving on post this weekend and the first few days of next week. We got the key to our house today and checked it out a bit. Tomorrow and Sunday we are going to take some things over and then the movers come on Monday to pack our stuff and Tuesday to move it over there.

Edited 2/5/2010 11:39 pm ET by celestial_cutie
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-06-2010 - 12:25pm

I'll answer like it's still frday...again, nothing really... same stuff, different day...

Yesterday, warmer then the norm...no rain! ( See it doesn't always rain in Seattle)

My father's side of the family does have issues with heart disease and I know I'm more prone to having heart related issues. My dad also had a stroke in oct. 05. He cont. to have "mini strokes" and def. isn't the same man he was before. Some days it's hard watching him struggle with the right words to say or even carrying a convo.

Does cousins night out count? It was just fun to all go out and party together without so many dd...LOL. Thank god for SUV's that can fit 6 adults!

Friday- work and dinner date with my friend Misti
Weekend- scrapbooking, work out, maybe some cleaning. Sunday- SUPERBOWL! Go SAINTS!

Photobucket