QOTD Friday, 02/12/2010

iVillage Member
QOTD Friday, 02/12/2010
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 8:25pm

Sorry I'm late getting here today everyone!

1. Tell us something about yesterday.

2. Today is the start of the Winter Olympics. What is your favorite winter sport -- either as a spectator or participant?

3. Saturday is Get a Different Name Day. Do you know what you might have been named if you had been born the opposite gender? Have you ever wished you had a different name? If so, what?

4. Sunday (aside from being Valentine's Day) is National Organ Donor Day. Are you a donor?

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 8:31pm

1. Tell us something about yesterday.
~ Toby was CRANKY. And by "cranky" I mean "screamed at the top of his lungs through the grocery store forcing me to just take him home and go back once he could stay at home with Daddy" cranky.

2. Today is the start of the Winter Olympics. What is your favorite winter sport -- either as a spectator or participant?
~ I have always loved figure skating. I can't do it, but I wish I could.

3. Saturday is Get a Different Name Day. Do you know what you might have been named if you had been born the opposite gender? Have you ever wished you had a different name? If so, what?
~ If I'd been a boy, my mom would have named me Ricky. My dad got the honor of choosing the girl name and named me after Melanie Safka, a folk singer. I used to wish I had a super popular and girly name like Ashley. Now I'm glad I'm a little more unusual.

4. Sunday (aside from being Valentine's Day) is National Organ Donor Day. Are you a donor?
~ Yes, I am.

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend?
~ Today we drove to San Diego. Tomorrow we're going to the San Diego zoo, and Sunday we're going to Sea World San Diego. Either Saturday or Sunday, we're having dinner with Grace (heartsgiraffes).

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-13-2010 - 6:39pm

Mel! lol, that's ok for the two QOTD...i actually like your questions better (which is why i'm doing the Friday on Saturday :) ). However, i should have known that you would be totally on the ball, despite the 8 hour drive from AZ to put up a QOTD!

1. Tell us something about yesterday. "Yesterday" as in Thursday? I can't even remember...lol. but "Yesterday" as in Friday i didn't feel too hot so i went home right after work and i watched the opening olympic ceremony. I can't say i was super impressed, but i was very sad to hear of all the countries i had no idea even existed...

2. Today is the start of the Winter Olympics. What is your favorite winter sport -- either as a spectator or participant? I'm going to go with figure skating (as a spectator...i can't skate worth anything), but bobsledding looks like a lot of fun.

3. Saturday is Get a Different Name Day. Do you know what you might have been named if you had been born the opposite gender? Have you ever wished you had a different name? If so, what? As a child of parents who grew up with music primarily from the 60s and 70s, if i had been a boy i would have been named, "Neil"...after Neil Diamond. lol. I was named Grace after the princess/actress Grace Kelly.

4. Sunday (aside from being Valentine's Day) is National Organ Donor Day. Are you a donor? Well, except for blood, i've never donated anything, but i have the little pink donor sticker on my driver's license in case someone is in need and i can give.

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend? Studying, laundry, movie, maybe animal shelter, church, riding hopefully, and then i get to see the cuteness of Toby and Mel (and Tom) on Sunday for dinner! This could be a pretty epic V-day ;)