QOTD Friday, 02/26/2010

iVillage Member
QOTD Friday, 02/26/2010
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 11:48am

Good morning, and happy Friday!

1. Tell us something about yesterday.

2. Today is "Tell a Fairy Tale" Day. What is your favorite fairy tale or children's story?

3. Tomorrow is Polar Bear Day. What is your favorite animal at the zoo?

4. Sunday is Public Sleeping Day. Where is the strangest place you've ever slept?

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 12:55pm

1. Tell us something about yesterday. I made a birthday cake for a dinner that I'm attending tonight. It was a new recipe for both the cake and the frosting. The cake looked and smelled divine, but I'm a bit skeptical about how well the frosting will taste with the cake. I'll find out tonight!

2. Today is "Tell a Fairy Tale" Day. What is your favorite fairy tale or children's story? I loved Amelia Badelia growing up. She was so klutzy and always saying and doing the wrong thing, but everyone loved her anyway.

3. Tomorrow is Polar Bear Day. What is your favorite animal at the zoo? I'm more of an aquarium person. I love looking at the beautiful, tropical fish!

4. Sunday is Public Sleeping Day. Where is the strangest place you've ever slept? I took a train from Germany to Prague a few years ago, and I was too cheap to buy a seat in the sleeping car. The regular car where I sat was so uncomfortable - it was a really old train with the "rooms" with six seats in each, three seats on either side. The seats were hard and didn't recline, so I didn't get any sleep that night. Plus, some gypsies came into our car halfway through the night, and they are notorious for stealing (it's actually part of their culture - many don't believe in working), so I had to stay awake to ensure I didn't get robbed.

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend? Tonight I have a dinner, and tomorrow I need to pick up my parents from the airport. The rest of the weekend will be quiet because Claudio has a ton of work to do.

:-) Marin

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 2:14pm

Good morning, and happy Friday! Woo Friday!

1. Tell us something about yesterday. Yesterday i went to the red cross call center after work and while it was slow, i had some good girl gab. Also, i heard that Anderson Cooper (of CNN) is gay and that just crushed all my dreams :( lol

2. Today is "Tell a Fairy Tale" Day. What is your favorite fairy tale or children's story? Gosh there are so many, but i can't remember my favorite. Maybe the Ramona series or that book with the momma bunny and the baby bunny saying how much they love each other.

3. Tomorrow is Polar Bear Day. What is your favorite animal at the zoo? i heart giraffes! :)

4. Sunday is Public Sleeping Day. Where is the strangest place you've ever slept? Many years ago an old bf and i took a spontaneous motorcycle trip to the Grand Canyon...on Memorial Day weekend...with no reservations. We got there at 1a.m., tired, cold, and hungry and could not find a place to stay in a 50 mile radius. We ended up going to Walmart, buying a kid tent, using duct tape and bungee cords to attach it to the bike, and pitched it,illegally, on the side of the road in a rest stop. lol :)

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend? Not much. I haven't done nearly as much studying as i should be doing, so i need to catch up. I need to wash the bike and put the battery back in (if i can get home before dark and it doesn't rain). i also need to do laundry.

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 3:05pm

~ I've been really, really sick since Thursday afternoon. Stupid germs.

2. Today is "Tell a Fairy Tale" Day. What is your favorite fairy tale or children's story?

~ I was always a sucker for "Cinderella," and my favorite books from my childhood were "Bill & Pete," the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder, and the Bobbsey Twins books. My modern favorites are the "If You Give A..." books (e.g. "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie").

~ Giraffes and penguins. Toby likes penguins, monkeys, elephants, polar bears, and (upon our visit to SeaWorld) dolphins and orcas -- pretty much in that order.

4. Sunday is Public Sleeping Day. Where is the strangest place you've ever slept?

~ I haven't slept anywhere too strange. I guess the strangest was the time I spent the night on our bus when our speech team was stranded in Wisconsin on our way to nationals to Minnesota in 1997. The only motel with a vacancy was really run-down and scary, and we were trying to fit 15 people into 3 rooms. I decided I wasn't crowding into a dirty room with 4 other girls and opted to sleep on the bus. It was cold, but at least I wasn't worried about waking up with a cockroach on my face (or worse).

~Yesterday (Friday), I pretty much did nothing. Today I'm feeling a little better, so I managed to go to the grocery store (probably the last trip in Arizona) and get the oil changed in my car. I'm taking it easy for the rest of the day. Tomorrow, I might pack up a few more things, but I need to mostly take it easy because we have a birthday dinner to go to tomorrow evening.
By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-28-2010 - 1:54pm

So even though it is now Sunday I'm going to answer Friday's questions because I'm terribly bored :) lol

~yesterday Tru sold his car (which means I can now park in the garage again!) to someone in Austin so we drove down there to take care of that, had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, went to IKEA and to a scrub outlet for me, then hung out at home the rest of the night

~I guess it depends on what you consider a fairy tale... as far as Disney's fairy tale movies go, Beauty & the Beast is one of my favorites

~I haven't been to the zoo in so long I'm not sure I really have a favorite animal at the zoo... Animal Kingdom at Disney in FL is the most recent zoo-like trip I've taken and that was in 2004!

~I'm one of those people that have a hard time falling asleep in unusual situations or locations... therefore on a float in the pool is probably the strangest

~well I'll just go with my agenda for today since it's already Sunday and I already told what I did yesterday :) So far this morning I have caught up on all the NCIS episodes I've missed since it came back on the beginning of January. Now as soon as I can find the motivation I'm going to go do some work in our bedroom. We still have sticky stuff on our drawers of our dresser that I need to focus on cleaning and then doing a lot more organizing so I can get an "after" picture taken! lol Unfortunately Tru is on staff duty today so he left for work at 8 this morning and I won't see him again til I get home at 530-6 tomorrow evening :(

Photobucket

thanks to mom2jess_n_ky for my siggy!

Photobucket