QOTD Friday, 09/18/2009

iVillage Member
QOTD Friday, 09/18/2009
Fri, 09-18-2009 - 4:52am

Good morning, and happy Friday!

1. What was the best thing about yesterday?

2. Today (aside from being POW/MIA Recognition Day -- which, unfortunately, doesn't make for good questions) is National Cheeseburger Day. What's on your favorite cheeseburger?

3. Saturday is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Who is your favorite fictional pirate?

4. Sunday is National Women's Friendship Day. Do you tend to get along better with males or females? Why do you think that's the case?

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-18-2009 - 5:54am

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-18-2009 - 12:17pm

~ Toby found a new game. He likes to stand on my belly while I'm lying on the floor, and when I rock up, he swings backwards and giggles.

2. Today (aside from being POW/MIA Recognition Day -- which, unfortunately, doesn't make for good questions) is National Cheeseburger Day. What's on your favorite cheeseburger?
~ Lately, I've been all about mustard, pickle, and onions.

3. Saturday is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Who is your favorite fictional pirate?
~ Jack Sparrow!

4. Sunday is National Women's Friendship Day. Do you tend to get along better with males or females? Why do you think that's the case?
~ Historically, most of my closer friends have been male. I think it's just because most females I came into contact with were too insecure or whatever to live without tons of drama. Now that I'm getting older (and more particular about who I surround myself with), I'm finding more girlfriends.

~ Today Alexis and Mom are visiting us today. Tomorrow, Tom and I have to do some shopping for his school. Sunday, he has staff duty, so it'll just be me and Toby.

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-18-2009 - 12:37pm

I was able to take a nice drive and get some beautiful items for the week after the wedding- and spoil myself with a little "me time."

My prayers to all the POWs and men and women who are MIA. God bless those who are missing their families at this time.
My favorite cheeseburger is just a plain cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, and sometimes cheddar with BBQ sauce. I do prefer a chicken breast sandwich though.

I enjoy my pirate hunter the most ;) Fictional pirate.... not truly a pirate but from a pirate movie, I love Peter Pan.

I get along well with both, however if women have what I call "bad estrogen" (catty, mean, prissy, etc), I get along better with guys. I don't take "drama" well.

I work all weekend. Today is my last day off with nothing to do or nothing planned, until the 31st of Oct...ugh. Just trying to enjoy the day and get ahead on some reading for class.

Read more: http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-rlmildating&msg=33936.1&ctx=0#ixzz0RTa8rWFL

God bless,
wendy
God bless,
wendy

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-18-2009 - 1:18pm

I talked to my dad, and my sister on the phone. We also booked the venues for the wedding.

Ketchup, plain mustard, mayo (only a little), pickles and lettuce.

Jack Sparrow; but probably not if someone else had been chosen to play him.

A few years ago the majority of my friends were male. Today that is not the case. I seem to be finding a few close friends and sticking with them.

Today I'm working on invitation finalization and working on info for my master's paper. Tomorrow I'll be able to spend time with my dad, who is home for the weekend from the job in Idaho.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-18-2009 - 1:36pm

Hooray friday!! The week of another week close to seeing my man.. :) 32 days

1. What was the best thing about yesterday?Well of course getting to web cam with my man Daniel. Getting to meet new

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-18-2009 - 4:25pm

Yay happy friday everyone! :)

1. What was the best thing about yesterday? I had pho/vietnamese food for dinner with my good friend.

2. Today (aside from being POW/MIA Recognition Day -- which, unfortunately, doesn't make for good questions) is National Cheeseburger Day. What's on your favorite cheeseburger? Remembering Ssg Matt Maupin today (captured 04/09/04, returned home to peace April 2008) and all other POWs/MIAs.

Favorite cheeseburger:

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-18-2009 - 7:28pm

Grace - I love Vietnamese but haven't been able to find a place here - please pass on the name : )

1. What was the best thing about yesterday? I got to talk to Chris for the first time in 10 days.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-19-2009 - 3:38am

Hanging out with Rob, Embry and Captain at the beach and lake!

Rob and I stole an idea we found on Man v. Food. You put the cheese INSIDE the buger, they called it a *"juicy lucy"*. I like a little mayo, ketchup, lettuce, mustard and pickles/relish.

3. Saturday is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Who is your favorite fictional pirate? The pirates from David Shannons children's book "How I became a pirate"

The older I get the less guy friends I have. To be honest, I don't really have many guy friends that I hang out with/talk to on a regular basis. I have guys I know in hs who were friends, and some of Rob's friends I'm cool with, after all that's how we meet was we had mutual friends, but I hang out with all girls. I think it would be weird at this point in my life to have a random male friend that I didn't know before Rob because I work with all females and really have no place/ no reason to meet a random guy to make friends with.

Today I worked and then Rob,Embry and I had dinner at Famous Dave's, then went to a few stores to pick up some things for a bridal shower I'll be going to tomorrow afternoon for one of my best friends. Then tomorrow evening is my uncle's birthday dinner. Sunday is church.

Edited to change the name of the burger

Edited 9/19/2009 11:33 am ET by jellyb2006
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-19-2009 - 10:39am

Good morning, and happy Friday!

Photobucket