QOTD Friday, 09/25/2009

iVillage Member
QOTD Friday, 09/25/2009
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 6:32am

Good morning, and happy Friday! Just a reminder to Fitness Challenge participants, this is your last weekend of freedom, so have your box of chocolates while sitting on the couch watching a "Real Housewives" marathon now...lol!

1. What was the best thing about yesterday?

2. Today is National Comic Book Day. Who is your favorite comic book character?

3. Saturday is Johnny Appleseed Day. What is your favorite kind of apple, and how do you usually eat apples?

4. Sunday is Crush a Can Day. Do you normally recycle? Why or why not?

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 6:51am

~ Toby managed to eat some Stage 2 food yesterday! He had about half an ounce of beef and beef gravy (he doesn't like it, so that's A LOT) and a whole 2.5 ounce jar of squash between his other two solid meals.

~ The only comic books I was ever into was Archie. So, Archie and the gang with Jughead being my favorite. Toby and I watch Archie's Weird Mysteries every Saturday morning when we're home.

3. Saturday is Johnny Appleseed Day. What is your favorite kind of apple, and how do you usually eat apples?
~ I hate mushy apples, so I prefer crisp varieties like Granny Smith and Pink Lady. I usually eat them raw and sliced alone or with low-fat caramel dip. I also dice them to be included in tuna salad (instead of egg).

~ I don't recycle unless it's tossing a bottle/can into a recycling bin in a public place. We do recycle aluminum cans at my mom and dad's house, though. I'd recycle more here, but we barely have room for a trash can -- much less recycling bins. I'm hoping to find a place with a little more space for such things once we move.

~ Today I'm just organizing things. I need to really go through Tom's closet and make sure we don't have anything on the "buy" list that he already owns. I also need to switch out some of the clothes in Toby's closet. Tomorrow, Mom is going to meet us for a shopping trip in a nearby city. Tom and I have a huge shopping list of clothing he needs for school, and Mom is going to care for Toby while we shop. Sunday, we'll be packing Tom's stuff, video-taping him reading books to Toby, and trying to enjoy some family time before Tom leaves.

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 8:23am

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 10:22am

1. What was the best thing about yesterday? Coming home from work. ;)

2. Today is National Comic Book Day. Who is your favorite comic book character? Hmm ... comic books are one element of geekery I'm not terribly familiar with. So based purely on movies, I'll go with Batman.

3. Saturday is Johnny Appleseed Day. What is your favorite kind of apple, and how do you usually eat apples? I love Granny Smith apples. I just eat them raw and whole most of the time, but sliced and dipped in caramel or baked into a pie is good too!

4. Sunday is Crush a Can Day. Do you normally recycle? Why or why not? I do, though I'm not always as consistent about it as I should be. We keep a paper grocery bag in the kitchen and try to put all our recyclables there. I just think it's a good and responsible thing to do.

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend? Work today, followed by dinner with a friend. Tomorrow we need to squeeze in one last long run before our half marathon next week, and we're having dinner with some friends. Sunday I have church in the morning, then I'm leading an interest meeting for a 200-mile relay team we're putting together before the evening service. And I might stick around to sing with the worship team that night. At some point between now and Sunday evening, I need to sit down and pull together all the information I need for the relay team meeting.

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 11:47am

Catching up with some friends.

I like x-men. My dad has a HUGE comic collection. Unfortunately, the kind of collection where I couldn't actually touch the comics... but I have been able to look at some x-men. Rogue is probably my favorite. On another note, I'm going to the opening of an art in comics exhibition at the art museum tonight. It should be fun!

I like pink lady, braeburn, or cameos. I usually just slice them; no dipping.

I do recycle. At my complex we have recycling bins for everything. At home we would recycle, just longer in between trips because the facilities weren't available near us. We compost at home, as well.

Today I'm tracking down my adviser. I might take a technology training course for the classrooms. I'm meeting some friends for the comic exhibition at the art museum and will go to dinner as well. I will be driving home tomorrow morning to finish up the invites.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 1:27pm

Yay for friday :) :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 1:34pm

1. What was the best thing about yesterday? I picked up two 6 week old sister kittens from the animal shelter yesterday! They have little colds and since the animal shelter is bursting at the seams, they desperately needed kitten foster parents. Having them in a home environment for a week or two really speeds up their recovery so they can be adopted. They are SO cute!

2. Today is National Comic Book Day. Who is your favorite comic book character? I never read too many comic books, but i always went for the "Beetle Bailey" comic strip in the Sunday paper funnies section. :)

3. Saturday is Johnny Appleseed Day. What is your favorite kind of apple, and how do you usually eat apples? Usually i'll eat Fuji or Gala crunchy apples just plain and sliced. I have one of those nifty apple slicers/core-taker-outers so that makes eating apples that much easier.

4. Sunday is Crush a Can Day. Do you normally recycle? Why or why not? Yes! I think that in CA recycling is a bigger thing then in other parts of the country. We've had recycle curbside pickup (and provided bins) in San Francisco for at least a decade, so that has always made recycling easier (and in my opinion, leaves no excuse not to recycle - i mean, you just throw everything, no sorting, into one bin and set it out with your trash! lol.). In San Diego my complex finally got recycle dumpsters, so we can throw everything recyclable in there at once. Before that i always collected it and took it to a center even if it was kind of a pain. I'm not horrifically environmentally conscious, but i figure i can at least throw my paper, cans, and bottles into the right bin and help out the Earth a little bit. :)

5. What's on your agenda for today and the weekend? Kittens! :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 6:53pm

Getting off work and coming home to hubby and baby and not cooking dinner

I'm not a fan of comic books, but I do love me some movies based on comics. I think I'd have to go with Batman and Ironman as some of my favs.

I like pink lady, honey crisp, fugi and granny smith. Usually plain, sometimes some carmel or peanutbutter

I try to recycyle as much as possible. We pay for it.

Well, it started in the ER because I wasn't feeling well and I don't have a regular doctor. This weekend is my friend Amanda's bachlorette party.

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 7:57pm

I went the entire day without puking anything up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 8:16pm

Since my computer won't copy all of the questions....

My day was INSANE!! We had picture day and an entire schedule that was THROWN off. 90 kids who were helpless!!! Oh well!! We lived and made it to dismissal. *sigh*

this weekend:: sleeping, reading, running!!

Photobucket
Thanks Karlimarie for my beautiful siggy!

The WeatherPixie

My MaryKay Site!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Thanks Lauren for
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 8:40pm

Hmmm....I got to talk to Mark for a few minutes. He moved into a new building w/o internet and we haven't been able to talk much.

I know nothing about comic books lol. I really did like Ironman though.

I like crunchy apples -- Golden Delicious. I like to slick them and eat them plain.

We don't have recycling pick up in the county I live in, and the plant where you used to be able to bring recyclables too closed.

Well, we're well into the evening here in VA, so I think I'm going to just veg out and watch a "Say Yes to the Dress" marathon tonight. Tomorrow I might go wine tasting for a friend's birthday in northern VA.

siggy

Thank you Tanya for my beautiful signature!