QOTD Monday, 02/15/2010

iVillage Member
QOTD Monday, 02/15/2010
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 1:23am

We'll be taking Toby to the beach for the first time tomorrow morning (hopefully) and then traveling all day, so I'll post this tonight before I fall asleep.

1. Tell us something about your weekend.

2. Today is Singles Awareness Day. What is something you would rather do without a significant other?

3. What's on your agenda for today?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 1:27am

~ We've been in San Diego all weekend! On Saturday, we went to the San Diego Zoo and saw Erin's bird show (picture of Erin to come). On Sunday, we went to Sea World and then met Grace for dinner. Toby said Grace was the best Valentine he's ever had -- and added that he'd say that even if she wasn't his first ever Valentine. (And, yes, we got pictures of that too.)

2. Today is Singles Awareness Day. What is something you would rather do without a significant other?
~ Shopping! Even if Tom liked to shop, I tend to enjoy leisure shopping alone. Sometimes it's nice to have someone helping critique potential purchases, but more often than not, I trust my own taste and would rather be left to myself.

~ We're hopefully taking Toby to the beach for the first time, and then we're driving home. That's about it.

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 2:43am

Happy Monday!

I've spent the weekend working intensely to get ahead in my work. Unfortunately, I seem to be right on schedule. I suppose that is better than being behind! I could have had a much more productive Saturday work-wise, but I spent most of the day doing other important things. Oh, and Y sent me flowers on the 13th, which was very sweet of him. He attempted to recreate my wedding bouquet, but he wasn't happy with the result. The colors weren't right (admittedly not) but I am very happy he sent them and they are very lovely. :)

Shopping, as well. For clothes, but for books as well.

School! Class, lab, and finishing up two assignments for later this week.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 7:26am

We'll be taking Toby to the beach for the first time tomorrow morning (hopefully) and then traveling all day, so I'll post this tonight before I fall asleep.

This weekend was wonderful. I started my vacation and just sat and relaxed on the couch :)

Go running or hiking.

I have no idea! It's vacation! I am def. going for a run.

Photobucket
Thanks Lauren for my beautiful siggy!

The WeatherPixie

My MaryKay Site!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Thanks Lauren for
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 9:57am

1. Tell us something about your weekend. It was fantastic on so many levels. :-) Saturday morning, Claudio had a Newfield alumni gathering (Newfield is the life coaching program he did a couple of years ago). The alumni who came were fascinating, warm, and lovely people, and I had so much fun! That evening, Claudio and I discovered a local Peruvian chicken place with delicious food - Claudio lives and breathes for meat, so he was in heaven. :-) On Sunday, we went to the local library for the first time - it is an awesome library!!! So much to read, so little time. Then we went to Ellicott City (which is a gorgeous town, if you're ever in the Baltimore area) and found a great little coffee shop. Finally, we cooked a delicious dinner with shrimp and champagne to celebrate Valentine's Day.

2. Today is Singles Awareness Day. What is something you would rather do without a significant other? I love doing a lot of things on my own. Sometimes its nice to have the house to myself for a day or two, and sometimes I love going shopping by myself. It's also great to hang out with girlfriends without Claudio.

3. What's on your agenda for today? Working until 5, hopefully squeezing in a walk over lunch. Then I'll cook dinner today, probably spanikopita, and probably work on personal stuff like our budget, etc.

:-) Marin

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 1:08pm

Good morning :) It's been awhile since I had a day off to just sit!

1. Tell us something about your weekend. This weekend was busy but great!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 1:55pm

1. Tell us something about your weekend. I met Mel! and Toby! and Tom! Best Valentine's date ever :) Oh yes and they are all as awesome as we think they are on the board...and then some :)

2. Today is Singles Awareness Day. What is something you would rather do without a significant other? Hm. Talk on the phone with girlfriends/family/etc. I don't like talking on the phone when my significant other is around (or anyone else for that matter). I feel like i need to divide my attention in two areas and that doesn't work well. When i'm single or when my significant other is away, I often have nice, lovely, great-connection conversations on the phone with friends.

3. What's on your agenda for today? Unfortunately, as (seemingly) the rest of the US has the day off, i'm at work on this beautiful sunny day. After work i'm going for a walk with a friend and then it's back to studying (i miss reading regular books...). blehhhhhhh...maybe a "ride" too?