QOTD Monday, 02/22/2010

iVillage Member
QOTD Monday, 02/22/2010
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 9:01am

Good morning, and welcome to another week!

1. Tell us something about your weekend.

2. Today is International World Thinking Day, a day initiated by The Girl Scouts to celebrate their sister Scouts around the world and focus on world issues. This weekend, I started reading a book, part of which focuses on recognizing the power of the individual to affect others with even the smallest, most personal changes and habits. What habit do you possess (or are working on possessing) that you wish would affect the world in some way?

3. What's on your agenda for today?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:14am

1. Tell us something about your weekend. Claudio held a seminar as part of a series about how to achieve lasting transformations on Saturday. After dinner we drove up to my grandparents house and spent the rest of the weekend there.

2. Today is International World Thinking Day, a day initiated by The Girl Scouts to celebrate their sister Scouts around the world and focus on world issues. This weekend, I started reading a book, part of which focuses on recognizing the power of the individual to affect others with even the smallest, most personal changes and habits. What habit do you possess (or are working on possessing) that you wish would affect the world in some way? I'm generally very nice to people, whether I know them or not. If more people would simply smile and make a little effort to be nice, this would go a long way in changing the world. Even our politicians are no longer nice to each other - our leaders need to set an example.

3. What's on your agenda for today? I hope to slip out for a walk at lunch if it isn't raining too hard. Working until 5 or 5:30 and then making a new chicken recipe tonight. I'll probably work on my taxes a bit more - hopefully I'm close to finished with that!

:-) Marin

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 10:34am

Im trying to wake up... Its always hard on Monday :(

1. Tell us something about your weekend. It was good, but not that relaxing. Dan, my best friend and I worked on invites most of Saturday and then Sunday Dan and I went to church and came home and was lazy all the rest of the day. We went on many walking because the weather was

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 1:15pm

1. Tell us something about your weekend. This weekend a good friend came to visit and in the middle of the night, he followed me around (in his car) as i puttered around on the bike. I drove a few miles; up to the zoo and all the way down one of the main roads near my house. Even though i didn't hit the freeway i felt pretty accomplished...up until i practiced starting on a hill across from my house, stalled, and died lol :( My friend had to push me back across the street to my apartment and then i had to take the battery out and put it on a charger since (apparently) my short little rides and my stalling have been draining it. On that note i also bought a hammer, an allen wrench, and tool box! lol

2. Today is International World Thinking Day, a day initiated by The Girl Scouts to celebrate their sister Scouts around the world and focus on world issues. This weekend, I started reading a book, part of which focuses on recognizing the power of the individual to affect others with even the smallest, most personal changes and habits. What habit do you possess (or are working on possessing) that you wish would affect the world in some way? I really like asking questions and knowing the details. It's how i show that i'm genuinely interested in someone or the topics that they have on their mind. I think that if people stopped being so competitive and took the time to be interested in other people, the world would have a little more understanding.

3. What's on your agenda for today? It looks like the rain will hold off today, so i'm going for a walk through the park with my walking partner after work. Since i have the battery out of the bike, i'll probably have to wait till the weekend to ride again since i'll need the daylight to put it back in (screws and such!). Other than that it's just studying...

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 2:41pm

1. Tell us something about your weekend. == We planted a willow oak tree that my oldest got at school. We have tons of water oaks and hybrids on our property, so we're hoping it does well. My youngest also planted a cabbage plant, but I don't think it stands a chance, esp once the bunnies get wind of its location, lol.

2. What habit do you possess (or are working on possessing) that you wish would affect the world in some way? == I wish I had more patience, and wish the world had more, too. Everyone, myself included, seems to be in a hurry all the time, and I want to just slow down and enjoy life more. I think slowing down would allow for more time to take stock of all the blessings we have and help us to appreciate them more.

3. What's on your agenda for today? == I need to finish laundry and set the self cleaning cycle on the oven, and then use a Magic Eraser to wipe it out. Something spilled in there and it really stunk when I baked bread in it last night.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 3:13pm
1. Tell us something about your weekend.

~ It was quiet. Tom studied a lot, and I worked on getting things sorted and packed.

2. What habit do you possess (or are working on possessing) that you wish would affect the world in some way?

~ Generosity. I'm not always the best at being focused on others, but I try, and I think the world would be a much better place if people routinely focused on what they could do for others and routinely practiced empathy. Many people would probably find their lives are more fulfilling and that they are less offended by the words and actions of others.

3. What's on your agenda for today?
~ Today -- and every day until we move -- I am working on keeping up with the usual tasks along with sorting and packing things. So far, I've packed up all the clothes and linens we won't need until after the move, done and put away half the laundry, packed away some of Toby's toys, fit in 35 minutes of cardio, and -- about 10 seconds ago -- decided I really need to fit in a shower before Tom gets home.
By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase