QOTD Monday, 10/05/2009

iVillage Member
QOTD Monday, 10/05/2009
Mon, 10-05-2009 - 7:58am

Good morning, and welcome to another week!

1. Today is "World Teachers' Day." Who was your favorite teacher? Why?

2. Today is also "Do Something Nice Day." What nice thing will you do for someone? What do you hope someone does for you?

3. What's on your agenda for today?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-05-2009 - 8:03am

-- Mrs. Pringle. She was my seventh grade English teacher. I had a really tough year socially, and it spilled over to a struggle with my schoolwork. She was the only teacher who didn't treat me like a slacker (I had been a straight A student up to that point and was in all advanced classes, and I resumed that routine the next year.) Instead, she took time to let me know that everyone struggles at times and that it was okay to talk about it and do what I needed to do.

2. Today is also "Do Something Nice Day." What nice thing will you do for someone? What do you hope someone does for you?
-- I think I'll try to spend a little quality time with my grandma. She gets lonely, but she's also been driving me batty for the past few days, so I've kind of been avoiding visiting with her too much. Today, I need to suck it up and change that. I hope someone offers to take care of Toby while I get a nap in today. He had a rough night last night, and that translated to only about 2 hours of sleep for me.

-- Finish a craft project I've been working on for Alexis, ask Grandma to re-teach me how to make yarn-covered clothes hangers, try to get Toby and Tom on the webcam at the same time, and maybe try to cook supper for Mom since she has to work today.

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Community Leader
Mon, 10-05-2009 - 12:03pm

Good morning, and welcome to another week!
Good morning!!

Mrs. Brown, my 6th grade science teacher. I love science and that was the first year we dissected something (a worm and frog that year). She had a special science club for the kids with the highest grades in her class and we did extra science experiments after school. It was some of the most fun I ever had in school.

I honestly don't know what nice thing I'm going to do for anyone aside from stay in bed where I can't make anyone else sick. I'm hoping I can convince Rob to make me some more hot chocolate tonight. He makes it so much better than I do, I really need to pay attention to him so I can learn his secret.

Trying to muster up enough strength to do the dishes and maybe a load of laundry.

Photobucket
Thank you katka83 for my beautiful siggy!