QOTD Thursday, 01/28/2010

iVillage Member
QOTD Thursday, 01/28/2010
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 8:00am

Good morning!

1. Tell us something about yesterday.

2. Today is Fun At Work Day. What's one of the most fun things you've ever done at any job?

3. What's on your agenda for today?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 8:17am

~ I caved to peer pressure created by lurking on my old play group board and let Toby feed himself peas and diced carrots for supper last night. It was cool to see him do it so independently, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I can't decide if letting him do it is a good thing because he's ready and I've been holding him back or if letting him do it is pushing him into something that might not be safe yet. And why does everyone else's kids seem to be so interested in a sippy cup while Toby looks at like it's a foreign object? It's not like I didn't teach him how to use it over 3 months ago. I've seen him use it on his own, but most of the time, it just sits there. I'm starting to wonder if I'm a worse mom than I think.

2. Today is Fun At Work Day. What's one of the most fun things you've ever done at any job?
~The most fun I had at a job in college was coaster frisbee. Our restaurant was 2 stories, and the 2nd story was a balcony that surrounded the ground floor. We'd crank up the music and be tossing coasters everywhere, from floor to floor, one side of the restaurant to the other, etc. The customers loved it. The most fun I had at my corporate job (the one I held for 7 years after college) were the days we'd decorate our office for the holidays. I was always in charge of the effort, and we'd find creative ways to decorate with office supplies. One year for Christmas, I had all 30 people in my office making snowflakes with copier paper and scissors (a la first grade craft class). And the most fun I have as a SAHM is just playing with Toby. He's such a goofy little kid sometimes.

~ I'm not sure. Part of me wants to go out and do some more shopping, but Toby and I have been running around all week, so I probably should stay home and get some stuff done. I'll let the weather and Toby's mood decide.

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 9:46am

1. Tell us something about yesterday. I completed my 10th Toastmasters speech, which means I have now reached the level of Competent Communicator. It's a pretty big milestone in Toastmasters because each speech takes quite a bit of work to prepare (I always memorize mine, which adds more time). Unfortunately, it wasn't my best speech - Claudio filmed me for the first time (we decided to film each other to help ourselves improve), and that made me nervous. Overall, I'm happy to be finished, and I'm going to celebrate by buying

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 11:50am

Good morning!

I went for a great run after school and then Ryan and I had dinner together:)

Well, I am a teacher, so I get to have fun every day! We laugh a lot. Believe or not, I have a lot of fun diagramming sentences.

Finish teaching, head out for a run before it snows, and then have dinner with Ryan.

Photobucket
Thanks Lauren for my beautiful siggy!

The WeatherPixie

My MaryKay Site!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Thanks Lauren for
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 12:32pm

Omg. Mel. You. Are. Not. A. Horrible. Mother! From what i have seen (a la facebook and the board), it's obvious that you love Toby and just want to look after his happiness and well-being. Those things are like the essential ingredients of being an awesome mom! All kids are different and i think that it's great that you aren't doing a ton of "have to" things with Toby, but still trying a few things to see how he'll do. From all the pictures of Toby and his smiles, i think that you're doing a fine job! Don't be so hard on yourself :)

1. Tell us something about yesterday. Not much. I went for a 30 minute walk around my neighborhood; mostly to scope out which streets i could ride on without meeting too much traffic, but also to exercise a bit. It was nice to be out (ipod in hand), so i might try to make it a more regular routine. After that i studied a bit and then had another late night phone date.

2. Today is Fun At Work Day. What's one of the most fun things you've ever done at any job? Um. Fun in a corporate office...Um. One time my boss brought in his two golden retrievers (and a tennis ball) to work and another time i was allowed to bring in the two kittens i was fostering to roam the hallways. Another time my coworker showed up to work in his giant wizard (complete with mask and wand) Halloween costume. I almost peed in my pants it was so unexpectedly funny. :)

3. What's on your agenda for today? Not much. I've been really tired lately, but i'm hoping to take the bike out for a putter session since i scoped out the roads yesterday lol :) Studying, again, which is basically the end of my social life for the next 2 months...

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 1:40pm

1. Tell us something about yesterday. Just a lot of work and stress. I was in this gloomy

Community Leader
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 10:19pm

Good morning! ** Good evening!

1. Tell us something about yesterday. ** Worked all day.

2. Today is Fun At Work Day. What's one of the most fun things you've ever done at any job? ** The times that have been the most fun was the joking around during night shift back in the day. The girls I use to work with were great and we would all joke around in the evening to help pass the time.

3. What's on your agenda for today? I had a doctor's appointment this morning, then a meeting at work. Then I baked chocolate chip cookies to send in Rob's Valentine's care package, baked ziti for the battalion potluck dinner, and then went to the potluck dinner. It was a busy day and I'm glad it's over. I can't wait until the weekend is here.

fall siggie
Thank you to mom2jess_n_ky for my beautiful siggy!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 11:54pm

Um, I worked, came home, worked out, played with Embry. Nothing special.

Being a preschool teacher we have our share of fun days. Pajama Days, holidays, IGP ( a program where we bring the preschoolers to hang out with the "grandmas" at a near by nursing home)

Today, work, picked up HALF of Embry's 6 month pictures (GRRR, other half will be in on feb 6), Target, work out, made dinner.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-29-2010 - 12:26am

I watched a movie with my roommate and his girlfriend. I enjoyed the break!

I was a camp counselor for a Native American camp through a science museum for three summers. The camp was focused on giving students exposure to natural resources jobs. It was SO much fun.

I went to the lab, checked some work, went to class and drove home. Appointments and name-change stuff tomorrow!