QOTD Thursday, 02/04/2010

iVillage Member
QOTD Thursday, 02/04/2010
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 8:55am

Good morning!

1. Tell us something about yesterday.

2. Today is Thank A Mailman Day. What is the last piece of mail you received and enjoyed?

3. What's on your agenda for today?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 9:00am

~ It rained ALL DAY. I thought I was supposed to get away from rain when I moved to the desert, but it seems like we've had an awful lot of it lately.

2. Today is Thank A Mailman Day. What is the last piece of mail you received and enjoyed?
~ The package of treats (bambuskas, macaroons, and irish potatoes) Tom's mom sent us right after Christmas finally arrived. It was postmarked December 30, though, so I'm not sure anyone deserves a lot of gratitude for delivering it.

~ I have no idea. A lot of it depends on whether or not the rain stops and how motivated I can get.

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 9:27am

1. Tell us something about yesterday. I'm starting to get a cold, and I felt really run-down yesterday afternoon and evening. I came home, cooked a quick dinner, and watched 2 movies before going to bed.

2. Today is Thank A Mailman Day. What is the last piece of mail you received and enjoyed? A friend sent me a postcard from Korea last week - it was a fun surprise!

3. What's on your agenda for today? Working until 5, hopefully squeezing in a walk over lunch. An enormous snowstorm is supposed to come through tomorrow (boo), and we don't have much food in the house. I need to stop at the supermarket tonight.

:-) Marin

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 9:40am

Good morning!

~Yesterday was busy...Had errands to run and Dominic had a doctor appt, so that was hectic, and then we came home and tried to relax.

~The last piece of mail I received and enjoyed was my girl scout cookies my cousin sent me. For some reason I have never seen them sold out here, so my little cousin is a girl scout, so they mailed me some, and they are almost all gone already.

~Today is do nothing day...It's raining real bad, so me and Dom are stayin in the house today unfortunetly. I can't wait until Spring.

Photobucket

Photobucket

&nb

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 12:26pm

1. Tell us something about yesterday.Not much happened. I went to the post office during lunch to mail off a box bigger than me (with an off-roading skateboard) and i was happy to hear that i managed to weigh, stamp, and fill out the forms correctly! I went to work and then just came home to relax and study.

2. Today is Thank A Mailman Day. What is the last piece of mail you received and enjoyed?I love the mailman so yay for thank a mailman day! My sister sent me a card a couple of weeks ago just to say hi and that was pretty nice. There were elephants on the front :)

3. What's on your agenda for today? I am buying a dresser off of craigslist, so i need to coordinate the delivery tonight. After work i'm going to the Red Cross service to the armed forces call center. They have been cutting back on paid staff hours and a lot of other things, so there's not too much for a volunteer to do, but i still like to say hi and pop in just in case there's a need. Other than that, just studying...

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 2:29pm

yesterday was a rough day with class from 09-1600 and just a lot of unnecessary crap. Graduate school means adults and adult learning, correct? This is apparently not the case with a couple of my classmates and a professor. *ugh*
On a lighter note, I made it to the gym for the first time in over a week! It felt so good, and I am pretty sure no matter how tired I was or how much work I have to do (a lot!), my legs were not going to let me go anywhere BUT the gym after class- lol. good stress relief.

I received two cards/notes last week- one from my mum and one from my "second mum." they came at the perfect time and were great soures of encouragement. :) I also got a belated wedding card from my aunt.

school work, school work, a meeting, and more school work! This is my "weekend," so I will be aiming to get most of my work done by tomorrow evening. I am also enjoying the sunshine coming in my window!
Happy Thursday, Ladies! Almost the weekend!

God bless,
wendy
God bless,
wendy

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 2:30pm
so glad you relaxed with a couple movies! Hope you are feeling better, Marin!
God bless,
wendy
God bless,
wendy

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 2:38pm
do you ride an off-road skateboard, Grace? Also, it has been my goal to get a street bike when I graduate from graduate school (I think I should get three after these last two semesters....!), but I am wondering how you are liking it? Any advice for a newbie? I am looking to get one in Aug/Sept. I am assuming I will need a drop kit (I am short), but any other suggestions? Thanks!
God bless,
wendy
God bless,
wendy

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 6:29pm

Hi Wendy!

I'm so excited that you are thinking about getting a street bike!! I'm short (5'3'') so i had to have it lowered a few inches. I wear boots with an inch sole so i can flat foot the ground, but i hear that lots of people who are confident have no problem just tip-toeing on their bikes. I took the basic riders course (on a little cruiser) first, but i have to admit that it was a lot more complicated to ride a street bike than i thought. I'm basically doing it by myself since all the people i know with bikes have since dissipated, but it's kind of a nice, liberating feeling to get out there and putter around. I think that the hardest part about riding the street bike is overcoming nerves and the weight factor. I'm only about 105lbs so i often feel intimidated by how much it weighs (about 350lbs), but i'm just thinking that it takes a lot of practice to get comfortable on it. 99% of all riders drop their bikes at some point (i have already!). How short are you? Being short just means that you have to me more careful where you park and to stop smoother etc. For me, riding the bike is kind of me working on being more fearless/courageous. It's going to be a long time before i get out there on the freeway (especially since it's not my primary mode of transportation), but you should definitely try it if you have the inkling. I didn't want motorcycles to be one of those things i looked back on when i was 50 and wished i had done it.

As for the off-road skateboarding - that wasn't for me! I just had to ship that out :) I'll work on motorcycling first ;)

Definitely let me know if you have any other questions

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 9:56pm

Yesterday, nothing special comes to mind.

Um...Christmas Cards.. a month ago. BOOO. I want fun mail!

Today, work, walk at home, hang with baby, finish job application ( I didn't do it at all last night due to a HUGE headache)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-04-2010 - 10:40pm

Now that the day is nearly over...

~rain, rain, and more rain... same as the day before and same as today. most likely same as tomorrow. UGH
PS:
~Mel: If you noticed my facebook status, I'm beginning to wonder if I mistakenly moved to Seattle instead of Texas because it has been nothing but dreary, nasty, rainy days since I've been here! By the time I get all the way across the parking lot, my socks are wet (through my shoes) and water has seeped up my scrub pants all the way to my knees almost! Not to mention the 2-3 inches of standing water that accumulates at the bottom of my driveway right outside the garage on days that it really pours :(

~Netflix: The Hangover! :) I'd already seen it but it's a hilarious movie and Tru had not so we ordered it and watched it over the weekend

~today I had my first staff meeting at 8, then at 10:30 and 11:15 I had my first 2 evaluations, I got off work about a half hour late, swam to my car (ok, so it was more like waded) and drove home (took an extra 15 min cause of the rain) then spent an hour on the phone with Dell telling them my computer that I got back from them today is STILL not working while Tru fixed dinner (isn't he sweet?) and did some setting up of automatic transfers since today was my first payday also! YAY!!!

Photobucket

thanks to mom2jess_n_ky for my siggy!

Photobucket