QOTD Thursday, 02/11/2010

iVillage Member
QOTD Thursday, 02/11/2010
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 9:36am

Good morning!

1. Tell us something about yesterday.

2. Today is Water Under the Bridge Day. What is the last thing you had to forgive and/or declare as "water under the bridge"?

3. What's on your agenda for today?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:08am

~ I had a doctor appointment yesterday morning, and I didn't feel well for most of the day afterward.

2. Today is Water Under the Bridge Day. What is the last thing you had to forgive and/or declare as "water under the bridge"?
~ Because I didn't feel well, yesterday was a really tough day, and I didn't meet my target calorie deficit. When I realized I would have met it if I had sucked it up and cooked dinner instead of letting Tom order Chinese, I was beating myself up for it pretty badly. But I woke up today and realized I can't really do anything about yesterday. It's water under the bridge, so to speak. All I can is to try to make today better. (Even if "today" started at 2am with a very cranky Toby who is happy only if Mommy is actually touching him. This is going to be, um, interesting.)

~ Aside from remaining in constant physical contact with Toby? Only cleaning out the fridge, straightening the house, running errands to three separate stores, cleaning out/washing/vacuuming the car, planning our menu for the next week, putting away the groceries once I buy them, making our packing list, packing our bags, booking our hotel, filling up the car's gas tank, making our road trip snacks, working out, wrapping Tom's Valentine's Day gift, and getting dinner on the table.

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:27am
Good morning!
Morning!!!

Yesterady was kinda a rough day for me, but I got myself up and went out and did some last minute birthday shopping. I didn't want to just be gloomy all day.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 12:54pm

1. Tell us something about yesterday. We were hit by a second big blizzard in a week. I was super excited when I found out that my office was closed, and then I discovered that everyone was working from home. So I didn't really have a day off. :-(

2. Today is Water Under the Bridge Day. What is the last thing you had to forgive and/or declare as "water under the bridge"? Hmmm .. can't think of anything right now.

3. What's on your agenda for today? Claudio and I just cooked a proper lunch since I'm working from home today. Then I'll work until 5. UPDATE: I was going to shovel after work but hubby already did it for me! He's my hero now. :-)

:-) Marin

Photobucket

Edited 2/11/2010 5:26 pm ET by udlsechica
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 1:05pm

1. Tell us something about yesterday. I went to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory downtown with an old girlfriend. It was nice to just chat and hang out...plus yum clam sauce :)

2. Today is Water Under the Bridge Day. What is the last thing you had to forgive and/or declare as "water under the bridge"? I try to make everything "water under the bridge"...or as much as i can at least. Everything from silly little arguments to "okay i rode around on the bike today and it was just okay...water under the bridge...tomorrow is another day."

3. What's on your agenda for today? Work and then probably Red Cross later. I think i'm going to have to put the riding on the back burner till the weekend. My coworkers are ramping up their studying and i'm starting to get nervous...

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 4:21pm

I was doing well with being productive on my snow day, and then they called off school...again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:02pm

My high school best friend came over for dinner and to hang out. We had a blast, then busted out the year book because someone was trying to fb friend her but we had no idea who she is. But ended up reading the unfinished page long note to me our senior year, where Meryl wrote that we were going to move in togehter (check!) go to Mexico and Europe before we were 30. lol

Oh i don't know.

Today I went to work, exciting huh? During my luunch I went to my gyno and got an IUD put it. Picked up Embry and now she's refusing to eat dinner (peas and beef) but happily playing with her sippy cup. Have some laundry to do and hopefully get a work out in.

Photobucket