QOTD Thursday, 09/17/2009

iVillage Member
QOTD Thursday, 09/17/2009
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 7:37am

Good morning, and happy Thursday!

1. What was the worst thing about yesterday?

2. Today is Constitution Day. What is your favorite amendment to the US Constitution?

3. What's on your agenda for today?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 7:48am

-- Toby was super-clingy and anti-nap yesterday. I wasn't allowed to leave the room without him (which really slowed me down on chores because he's usually happy to play in his jumperoo in the living room), he didn't want to be in his bouncy seat even if it was in the same room as me (slowed me down even more), and he didn't nap more than a total of an hour and a half (which made my much-needed nap impossible). NOTHING got done yesterday.

2. Today is Constitution Day. What is your favorite amendment to the US Constitution?
-- Amendment 19, granting women the right to vote. Many people don't realize that this didn't happen until well after slavery was abolished and minority races were given the right to vote.

-- What isn't? I need to do all the things that didn't get done yesterday, plus the floors, making a packing list for Tom, and a trip to the grocery store.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 10:08am

My naughty naughty kids. I swear if I was their mother. Kids lack so much respect and just flat out don't listen. And I can't do jack. "Time outs" DO NOT work with my kids.

I do enjoy the right to vote...

Work, pumping, going to target and tj maxx to pick up some things for a brial shower I'm going to this weekend. Make dinner and clean house. Im having a hard time getting a routine, between getting up at 530 to pump and get ready for work, then work from 8-430, getting home at 5, wanting to spend time with Embry and walk and do chores and make dinner and shower and see Rob and get to bed at a decent hour(Right now to me that means before 11)

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 10:26am
It takes awhile to find the routine, but you will find it. One of the things that worked for me was establishing a daily chore routine that, when I keep up with it, takes me only 15 minutes each day and keeps the house looking presentable. Granted, I had to have a few stern talks with Tom about picking up after himself, and I had to get in the habit, too, but once we mastered it, it worked wonders (and still does). Also, divide up your non-daily routine chores by day, and keep a master list of them where both you and Rob see it. Make sure he knows he's expected to help to some degree, and that the list is a standing reminder of what needs to be done. Around here, knowing that Monday is for laundry, Tuesday is for errands, Wednesday is for dusting and scrubbing, Thursday is for floors, and Friday is for catching up keeps things running smoothly. Tom never comes home and says "What can I do to help?" He knows to look at the list and see what isn't checked off that he knows how to do. Even little things like him loading/unloading the dishwasher, mixing formula, or swishing a scrubber in the toilet helps tremendously. (But if Rob doesn't currently help and starts making an effort, make sure you thank him for every little thing. It'll encourage him to help more.) Finally, learn to accept that what isn't done won't likely kill you. If you don't get the house dusted one week, who cares?

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 4:31pm

Good afternoon :)

1. What was the worst thing about yesterday?For once I dont think I have anything.. Oh waiting losing my book I was using to study from for a test on Saturday..I have been ripping the house a part trying to find it.....

2. Today is Constitution Day. What is your favorite amendment to the US Constitution? wow hard question freedom of speech, tho sometimes its used to hurt others and freedom of religion

3. What's on your agenda for today? Work at school than looking for that book again. I have choir practice at church. Nothing very exciting.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 8:43pm

Yaay, its Thursday!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-17-2009 - 11:52pm
haha I DID start making a chore list.. just a matter of printing and using it!
Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers
Photobucket