QOTD Thursday, 10/01/2009

iVillage Member
QOTD Thursday, 10/01/2009
Thu, 10-01-2009 - 4:23am

1. What were the best and worst things about yesterday?

2. Today is World Vegetarian Day. What is your favorite vegetarian dish (main course or side)?

3. What's on your agenda for today?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-01-2009 - 4:45am

~ The worst was Tom leaving. He'll be in school halfway across the country for the next several months. The best was Toby's ability to make me smile even when I felt like crying.

2. Today is World Vegetarian Day. What is your favorite vegetarian dish (main course or side)?
~ Tom's mother is Irish-Lebanese, so when we got married, I learned to cook some Lebanese dishes. We eat tabouleh a lot. Sometimes it's the main course with pita and hummus. Other times, it's the side dish to a decidedly non-vegetarian meal. For a strictly vegetarian meal, I like red beans and rice.

~ Straighten up the house a little (the packing process wrecked it) and maybe head to my hometown. It'd be nice to surprise Alexis by picking her up at school.

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-01-2009 - 8:52am
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-01-2009 - 1:40pm

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-01-2009 - 2:20pm

Worst- I almost passed out at the gym, and have never seen myself looking so awful...

Best- I'm with Jennie on this one...I'll get back to you.

Mac and cheese HANDS DOWN :)

Be a bum until around 6:00 PM when I have a friend coming into town from WA that I am supposed to meet for dinner.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-01-2009 - 7:34pm

Worst- I have a low GTF, which means I'm living on less than I was last year; and that was a stretch in itself. Ramen, here I come...again.

Best- My GTF won't be as bad as I expected.

I've had some delicious Eggplant Parmesan. But I might have to go with something like apple crisp. Yum!

Went to class, spoke with my advisor, printed out all the readings for this term (ridiculous), went to the library and picked up 8 books. Now I'm waiting until later tonight when I get to celebrate a friend's birthday!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-02-2009 - 3:27pm
1. What were the best and worst things about yesterday? BEST - my sister did me a huge favor yesterday morning. WORST - had a lot of work to do last night so went to bed late and didn't get enough sleep (so now I'm tired and watching the clock!)

2. Today is World Vegetarian Day. What is your favorite vegetarian dish (main course or side)? Yum, yum yum, I don't know if I can pick one. I love making vegetarian dishes. Eggplant parmesan is my specialty - it took me years to perfect it! I also loved eggplant stuffed with mushrooms, a Moroccan stew that I make, and ghnocci with cream, gorgonzola, spinach, and walnuts

3. What's on your agenda for today? Claudio and I are meeting up with my parents, sister, aunt, and uncle for dinner at a place called Dobbin House. It's a really neat restaurant that was part of the underground railroad.

:-) Marin

P.S. YAY RIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-03-2009 - 8:04pm

Best--that I got off work a little early and was able to spend a couple hours with Justin before the kids came home from school.

Worst--that Sarah is really hating her teacher this year and I am sick of hearing from her teacher about how she thinks she doesn't care about school...even though she's a straight A student working far above her grade level, and then hearing from my child that her teacher never listens or answers questions, and that she feels stupid when she's in class. There are no winners here.

I love to make pasta with a homemade pomodoro sauce.

Photobucket