QOTD Tuesday, 02/23/2010

iVillage Member
QOTD Tuesday, 02/23/2010
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 11:31am

Good morning!

1. Tell us something about yesterday.

2. Today is International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day. What is the best thing about your -- or any other -- dog (or even dogs in general)?

3. What's on your agenda for today?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 11:36am

~Yesterday afternoon, I was cleaning the stove, accidently flipped on a burner, and burned the tips of my index and middle fingers pretty badly. This is in addition to the burn I got on the same index finger while pulling a pan out of the oven on Sunday and the burn I got on my back from an overheated spot in my rice sock on Saturday. My two fingers are wrapped in gauze and tape, so forgive me if I don't type much or have a lot of typos.

2. Today is International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day. What is the best thing about your -- or any other -- dog (or even dogs in general)?
~ Dogs in general are usually pretty loyal. DaVinci, specifically, will not leave my side if senses that I'm not feeling well or am sad. He's a great little friend.

~ I've already gotten through my 10-minute morning workout. The rest of the day, I'm hanging out with Toby, packing, cleaning, and planning the grocery list for our last week or so here.

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 5:56pm

OHHHH yuck. Yesterday was a Monday AFTER vacation!!!

My dog is loyal, loving, and warm. I LOVE HIM

Finish my book and fall asleep :)

Photobucket
Thanks Lauren for my beautiful siggy!

The WeatherPixie

My MaryKay Site!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Thanks Lauren for
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 7:50pm

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 9:33pm

Monday was beautiful. I had a really great class discussion (stemming from a documentary that captured some controversial things), and I feel like we are on our way to done with our group project.

I have never owned a dog. But, I love that some dogs can be trained to be "helpful". My sister will get a Guide Dog if she moves to a bigger city. I am amazed that so many dogs have the patience and kindness to work and help those who need them.

I went to lab, went to class and presented on readings, and now I'm home. I'll be working on my final project, and hopefully getting a half draft of my section tonight.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 10:28pm

Augh...I got home at 3am, work at 11. I cried before going in because I got to spend all week with Embry (and Rob) then had to leave them both at home to go to "the place that shall remain nameless"

Captain is a very good natured dog. So happy. Think "Doug" (Or was it "Dug"?) from the movie "Up". I swear if he wore a collar he'd be saying "I just met you and I love you" to EVERYONE. LOL

Today was work. I unpacked the suitcases and going to make dinner.

Photobucket