QOTD Tuesday, 09/22/2009

iVillage Member
QOTD Tuesday, 09/22/2009
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 5:53am

Good morning, and happy Tuesday!

1. What was the most challenging thing about yesterday?

2. Today is Elephant Appreciation Day. What is the coolest thing about elephants?

3. What's on the agenda for today?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 6:33am

~ Getting Toby to bed! I think he's trying to change his bedtime to around 8 or 9 instead of 7, and that's fine, but the result has been him falling asleep around 7 because he routinely gets really sleepy around then, sleeping for about half an hour, getting cranky around his new bedtime, and fighting sleep for an hour (i.e. waking up and needing comforting several times and/or fussing in his crib for several minutes with only a minute or so break in between). The good news is that he's been sleeping without waking until morning once he goes to sleep.

2. Today is Elephant Appreciation Day. What is the coolest thing about elephants?
~ Their feet. It's amazing to me how tough yet sensitive they are. It makes sense that even the littlest problem can quickly become a big problem when you're supporting that much weight, but it's still intriguing to me. And I think it's cool that they can actually tread very lightly. (The expression "sounds like a herd of elephants" really isn't applicable unless they're stampeding.)

~ Finishing laundry and grocery shopping. Woo hoo.

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 9:30am

Working with my kiddos after only getting like 4 hours of sleep, then drinking a triple shot mocha, which made my belly hurt (because my tummy was empty, I ate breakfast just a lot ealier then when I had coffee) then feeling feverish and achey.

Um...maybe how fast they can run for being such HUGE animals. I mean they top out at 25 mph (when scared)

Work, work , work...

Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 9:59am
Good morning, and happy Tuesday! Happy first day of FALL!!!!

1. What was the most challenging thing about yesterday? Ugh, yet another migraine. I am SO glad that I start physical therapy soon. I can't like this anymore. When one hits me it knocks me out.

2. Today is Elephant Appreciation Day. What is the coolest thing about elephants? I always think their truncks are so cool! lol I dunno why, but I always have.

3. What's on the agenda for today? Hopefully get some housework done... The nice thing is that in all reality it really doesn't matter if I get it dont or not, but I want to... lol There is a storm brewing here so I am hoping that I won't get a headache, although I already feel one comming on... =(

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 11:25am

Good morning, and happy Tuesday!

Trying to have patience. I still haven't heard about my schedule, but I have begun to prep for the class. I'll make the best of the situation.

I think it's pretty cool that they are a matriarchal "society"!

Finish up assembling the invites. More finding aid work. Laundry, and packing.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 2:07pm

Good morning all..!

1. What was the most challenging thing about yesterday? I think having to play mean teacher was the most challenging yesterday. I mean your in college come in and sit down and be quiet.. I mean dont talk when teaching

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 4:45pm

1. What was the most challenging thing about yesterday? RK moved in with me on Friday since he's now out the of military and needs a place to stay for the next 6 weeks until he goes to Iraq as a civilian contractor. It's been weird to have everything rearranged...especially when i'm not home to witness the transformation in action. It was challenging to open my medicine cabinet and not being able to find my toothbrush in my normal spot.

2. Today is Elephant Appreciation Day. What is the coolest thing about elephants? That they are the only mammal that can't jump! They are so big, but i think of them as incredibly graceful. It's so cute that they can't do something that even a whale can do.

3. What's on the agenda for today? Work, riding, and hopefully a game of banagrams (i just got it yesterday since i'm a fan of scrabble). :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 5:21pm

My biggest challenge these past few weeks has been my routine change. I've been getting up at 4am and falling asleep around 8pm!!

I love elephants. They are so kind and gentle :)

Photobucket
Thanks Karlimarie for my beautiful siggy!

The WeatherPixie

My MaryKay Site!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Thanks Lauren for
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 10:44pm

~The most challenging was trying to get a stupid money order in this town...GEEZ I swear...it took me forever to finally find one...It was stupid...This town surprises me all the time I swear.

~The coolest thing about elephants I think is that they stay with their families forever...And they are always there for one another and protect each other. The elephants is my sons FAVORITE animal...he could sit and the zoo and watch them all day long if he could. LoL

~Today was just work and being home with Dominic for the night and chillen out...Nothing too big anymore since I'm working full time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

&nb