QOTD Wednesday, 01/27/2010

iVillage Member
QOTD Wednesday, 01/27/2010
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 7:34am

Good morning!

1. Tell us something about yesterday.

2. Today is Punch the Clock Day. What's the worst job you've ever had?

3. What's on your agenda for today?

By Dedi (mom2jess_n_ky) on iVillage Sig Showcase

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 8:12am

Good morning!

~Yesterday I spent all morning doing orientation (i.e. reading 3 really thick binders with policies & procedures, etc) then spent the afternoon shadowing the inpatient lead therapist because one of those therapists is going on vacation for 2 weeks so that is where I will work for the first 2 weeks

~I haven't had any really terrible jobs that I hated... The worst was probably when I did inventory over Christmas break for the machine shop (company) my dad works for. I got paid $10 an hour to count tiny little parts though so it really wasn't all that bad!

~I'm leaving here very shortly to drive to work (20 min) then after work there's still so much to do at the house. I feel like I'm never going to catch up on the laundry that we accumulated during his leave or get all these boxes unpacked when I have to be at work all day! Lol

Photobucket

thanks to mom2jess_n_ky for my siggy!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 10:32am

~ Toby and I did some shopping yesterday morning, and I found out I've already lost a jean size! (And yes, I'm comparing apples to apples since I'm talking about going down a size in the same brand and cut of jean.)

~ I've had a few jobs that I didn't like much, but the hardest and lowest paying was one of my waitressing jobs. I'd had to leave a pretty good serving job because the boss/owner was sexually harassing me, and since it was pretty late in the summer, must of the better jobs were taken. I ended up waitressing at a mom-n-pop diner. 12 hour shifts. 42 tables. All mine. Oh, and tips had to be shared with the cook, and as the waitress, I was also the dish washer. It was a very hard job with very long hours (I worked 6 days a week), and the pay was awful. Fortunately, the next summer, I found a serving job with less than half the hours and more than triple the pay. (Hint: Serving wedding reception and catered lunches/dinners can be big money.)

~ Grocery shopping. My list is massive this week. Between switching things over to healthier options, using less processed ingredients, and just being out of everything, my grocer is going to LOVE me this week. And I'm sure that by the time I get even just the perishables upstairs and put away, my shoulder is going to hate me, so the only plans beyond grocery shopping are comparing car seats online for Toby, playing with Toby, cooking dinner, and a nap (not necessarily in that order).

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 11:16am

1. Tell us something about yesterday. I made a new recipe, Moroccan chicken with lemon, raisins, and olives. It was delicious!

2. Today is Punch the Clock Day. What's the worst job you've ever had? I worked at a resort one summer, and at first, I was assigned to the laundry room. I was bored to tears, but luckily they switched me to cleaning cabins. I was making minimum wage, but I was only 20 and was excited about living up in Maine.

3. What's on your agenda for today? Working until 5 and then stopping by my parents' house for a little bit. Then, Claudio and I are going to our old Toastmasters club, and I'm giving Speech #10 tonight. This is a major milestone in Toastmasters called Competent Communicator, so I'm excited!

:-) Marin

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 11:54am

I was not productive school-wise. However, I made a lot of appointments, and took care of other things I have been putting off. But now I'm feeling guilty and/or rushed to get other things done. Sigh.

I worked at the B&N cafe in Georgetown for a while in D.C. as one of my 2 part-time jobs so I could stay in the city and do an internship. I was successful in all departments. Then... they moved me to the cafe. My first day I could NOT understand what a customer wanted and she started screaming at me and making a scene saying if English wasn't my first language I shouldn't be working there, along with some racially derogatory comments. I was humiliated in more than one way (and, English is my first language). I never felt comfortable afterward, but did end up with an amazing shift manager who helped me a lot.

Lab. Possibly a panel. Finish a partial (if not full) draft of an essay due next week.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 12:24pm

~Yesterday was ok...I cleaned bathrooms, sweaped, mopped floors...Then babysat the neighbors kids for a few hours, played outside with Dominic and the neighborhood kids then had family time.

~The worst job I ever had was just recently...It was here as a receptionist for a OBGYN Clinic...Horrible rules...and I hated that depending on your "status" in the army or in the stupid town depended on how well she treated you...So stupid I swear. I hated working for her.

~Today we have already been out to BJACH for the EENT clinic for Dom's ears. Now have to decide should we do tubes or not. Now it's be 7 months pregnant and lazy time LoL with Dominic and later watch the neighbors kids for a little bit. Ryan isn't due home until late tonight so it's just me and Dom all day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

&nb

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 1:28pm

oh yuck. yesterday was just yuck!!

Being the Store Manager for Abercrombie and Fitch. HORRIBLE

Running after school!!

Photobucket
Thanks Lauren for my beautiful siggy!

The WeatherPixie

My MaryKay Site!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Thanks Lauren for
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 1:36pm

YAy hump day! I' getting restless for the weekend..

1. Tell us something about yesterday. Dan has been teaching me how to play the PS3 since I have a Wii, so after work we played Batman forever... Tho I was sucky at it, it was still fun. Also work was stressful and I dont mean the teaching part.. Just having tell my 'Boss' I'm getting marriaged and moving..

2. Today is Punch the Clock Day. What's the worst job you've ever had? I dont even want to thinking about..I would have to say Mcds..I want get into details still a little stemmed about that... Thank God for the intership that I got later that summer!

3. What's on your agenda for today? Finish up at work and I'm going to meet on of my girl friends at starbucks. Make dinner for my parents.. Which is weird, my mother called me and asked me to make dinner tonight.. and I was like mmmk since I was sleeping.. I wonder if my mother realizes I dont live in her house anymore?? Then Awana tonight. which reminds me its beach night

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 5:14pm

Mel - congrats on the jean downsize! yay :) Mary, sorry to hear about the yucky yesterday - hope that today is better :)

Blah. Does anyone remember that test i had to take for work last year that we all failed even though we studied our butts off? It's just been confirmed that we have to take it again, and basically our job rides on it. So no social life for the next 2 months while i delve into the most boring "construction document technologist" material...

2. Today is Punch the Clock Day. What's the worst job you've ever had? I was a SAT/English tutor for a summer. I tutored 1 student at a time for 1 hour each. If a scheduled student didn't show up at the center, you didn't get paid and if there was a 1 or 2 hour gap in between scheduled students you had to hang around, but you didn't get paid. Sometimes it ended up being that you stood around all day just to tutor 2 or 3 students.

I'm really tired since i've been staying up late (i can talk on the phone/internet with rk quite a bit, but the 20 hour time difference is killing my sleep schedule). I want to go for a motorcycle practice ride, take a nap, and just relax, but somewhere in there i also need to get some studying done. Gross
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 9:05pm

Thanks, Grace!

I'm sorry you have to retake that awful test, especially with so much at stake. But I think you mean "no social life for the next 2 months EXCEPT my Valentine weekend date with the most adorable 10 month old on the planet." (Okay, so I might just a little biased.)

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 9:50pm

Yesterday, was Embry's first time trying peas, and she ate every last bite. LOL

Well, to be honest, my current job is pretty much my only "real" job. And we all know how I feel about my current job. =)

Today, I went to work and had an eye appointment. My eyes are perfectly fine, just need to "rest" them more. I also did the "walk at home" again (3/4 days! I skipped monday) and would be feeding Embry if she wasn't too busy playing with her sippy cup.

Photobucket

Pages