QOTW: Week of February 14, 2011

iVillage Member
QOTW: Week of February 14, 2011
Mon, 02-14-2011 - 7:18am

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to another week!

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-14-2011 - 11:33am

1. How many times did you eat out (i.e. eat in the restaurant, pick up food, or have food delivered) last week?

Hmmm, we had pizza from Dominos Thursday night... and I *think* that's all. I may have picked up lunch on my way to work one day but not that I specifically remember. Oh, and Nic brought home a pecan waffle from Waffle House Saturday morning on his way home from work.

2. Today is "Ferris Wheel Day." What is your favorite ride or game at the amusement park or fair?

I love love LOVE roller coasters! I used to LOVE the Gravitron at the fair, but it's been a very long time since I've been to a fair

3. Tomorrow is "Singles Awareness Day." What do you tend to buy in single-serving or single-use packaging?

The only thing I really buy that is in single serving packs are granola bars. Occasionally we'll buy a "100-calorie" portion sized snack, but only if they're a good deal (i.e. usually at Big Lots) Oh, and I sometimes buy Crystal Lite packets

4. Wednesday is "Do a Grouch a Favor Day." (I wonder of Oscar likes or hates this day.) What is one way someone can almost always cheer you up if you're grumpy?

Nic is about the only person that can always cheer me up when I'm grumpy, and I don't even know how to explain how he does it. Because it's not one particular thing he does. He just always makes me laugh, and once I'm laughing then the grumpiness fades

5. Thursday is "Random Acts of Kindness Day." What's the last random act of kindness you performed?

hmmm, I did Nic's laundry while he was sleeping this weekend. Normally, he does his laundry separate from mine (habit from him washing his own ACUs) Other than that, I can't think of anything specific

6. Sunday is "Love Your Pet Day." If you have a pet, what's the most unusual thing about him/her? If you don't, what kind of pet might you like to have?

I want a yorkie sooooooooo bad!!! I've wanted once since my mid-teens but I've never had a chance to have one. Once my hours increase to full time status at work, it is definitely on our list of things we are purchasing

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-14-2011 - 12:22pm

1. How many times did you eat out (i.e. eat in the restaurant, pick up food, or have food delivered) last week?

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-15-2011 - 3:30pm

Hmmm...I want to say 3, but I just can't remember.

2. Today is "Ferris Wheel Day." What is your favorite ride or game at the amusement park or fair?

I like the balloon popping game.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-15-2011 - 7:45pm

Last week? Hum... two? I think... LOL

I LOVE roller coasters and bumper cars. I used to be able to ride all those fair rides, but now I get motion sick on them. I also LOVE fair games, I'd have to say my favorite fair game are the ones with the waterguns where you have to aim and fill something/pop a balloon.

3. Tomorrow is "Singles Awareness Day." What do you tend to buy in single-serving or single-use packaging?

Sadly, a lot. Right now we have prepackaged crackers, fruit snacks, drink mixes, chips, applesauce.. Most are for Rob and Em, it's easier for his lunches and her snacks.

4. Wednesday is "Do a Grouch a Favor Day." (I wonder of Oscar likes or hates this day.) What is one way someone can almost always cheer you up if you're grumpy?

Depends on

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-16-2011 - 8:04pm

Um... twice? Once was our dinner out on Saturday. Another time during the week I came home and Y had picked up taco bell for lunch, and had something extra for me.

I like rides that spin. The octopus rides, or the giant space ship that spins you against the wall.

I bought nature valley granola bars because I didn't have anything to make my own with. I'm still searching for the right "recipe." The others I have tried are a bit sticky. Gum would be the other, if that counts. We have drink mix packs left over from deployment, too.

A hug does it almost every time.

5. Thursday is "Random Acts of Kindness Day." What's the last random act of kindness you performed?

Um, I gave Y the last cadburry egg from my vday gift today. It cheered him up, I think, because he called me at lunch. I suppose the other might have been folding my friend's laundry (baby clothes and items) when I was at her house last week.

6. Sunday is "Love Your Pet Day." If you have a pet, what's the most unusual thing about him/her? If you don't, what kind of pet might you like to have?

I had a cat that had a blue eye and a green eye; she had a sister who also had an eye of each color. They were mirror images. Right now I think I would get a cat... I'm not much of a dog person. I would feel bad having a pet in a small apartment, especially here, where I can't just let them outside to play.