QOTW: Week of January 17, 2011

iVillage Member
QOTW: Week of January 17, 2011
Tue, 01-18-2011 - 2:55pm

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! (If I got that wrong, sorry. I've never actually seen "Alice in Wonderland.") I am just totally scatterbrained this week (apparently) and somehow didn't even realize yesterday was Monday. I guess my brain was stuck in weekend mode until I saw the reminder for our post's Spouses' Luncheon today -- by which time I'd already made Toby's lunch, so we didn't go. (I'm not a huge fan of getting out in the rain anyway!) Anyway, it's great seeing some new faces pop up and some old faces pop back in. Let's keep it up! On with the show...

1. What's the last thing you read offline?

2. Yesterday, Monday, was "Ditch New Year's Resolutions Day." What resolution (official or unofficial) are you re-thinking?

3. Today is Thesaurus Day (which I love because I love words) and Winnie the Pooh Day (author A.A. Milne's birthday). To celebrate, choose one Winnie-related word (i.e. honey, bear, rabbit, pig) and give us that word along with one other way to say it. (If you need an online thesaurus, both http://www.thesaurus.com and http://www.merriam-webster.com are good options.)

4. Tomorrow is National Popcorn Day. What's the last movie you saw in a theater? What's the last one you watched elsewhere?

5. Thursday, January 20, is Penguin Awareness Day. Penguins are Toby's favorite animal (maybe I should take him to the aquarium to see them on Thursday!). What's your favorite winter creature?

6. Sunday, January 23, is Measure Your Feet Day. What's your shoe size? What's your favorite pair of shoes?

7. What's on your agenda for this week?

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-18-2011 - 3:51pm

Tricia

Community Leader
Tue, 01-18-2011 - 5:55pm

1. What's the last thing you read offline? I'm reading a book called "Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble" by H.P. Mallory right now. It's pretty good so far.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-19-2011 - 12:25am

I'm currently trying to finish World War Z by Max

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-19-2011 - 8:04am

1. What's the last thing you read offline? I'm currently reading both "Decision Points" by George W. Bush and "Kristin Lavransdatter II: The Wife" by Sigrid Undset. I think I read "Kristin Lavransdatter" most recently yesterday.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-20-2011 - 1:51pm

1. What's the last thing you read offline? I am currently working on reading Gulliver's Travels, but last night I started reading PS I Love You as well (thanks to Shelly) lol

2. Yesterday, Monday, was "Ditch New Year's Resolutions Day." What resolution (official or unofficial) are you re-thinking? Didn't really make much of any type resolution so nothing to really ditch ;)

3. Today is Thesaurus Day (which I love because I love words) and Winnie the Pooh Day (author A.A. Milne's birthday). To celebrate, choose one Winnie-related word (i.e. honey, bear, rabbit, pig) and give us that word along with one other way to say it. (If you need an online thesaurus, both http://www.thesaurus.com and http://www.merriam-webster.com are good options.) bounce (as in Tigger), spring-up :)

4. Tomorrow is National Popcorn Day. What's the last movie you saw in a theater? What's the last one you watched elsewhere? we actually celebrated this at work yesterday, one of the girls ran to Kroger and bought a bag of plain kernels which we then popped ;) now, for the question... I think the last movie I saw was Tangled with Mckenzie, her mom (my cousin), and her grandmom (my aunt). Last movie watched elsewhere would be... Taken (I had to check our Netflix activity, lol)

5. Thursday, January 20, is Penguin Awareness Day. Penguins are Toby's favorite animal (maybe I should take him to the aquarium to see them on Thursday!). What's your favorite winter creature? hmmm, I'm anti-winter so I've never really thought about this... I LOVE the penguins at the zoo but I also love the Coca Cola Polar Bear commercials...

6. Sunday, January 23, is Measure Your Feet Day. What's your shoe size? What's your favorite pair of shoes? My shoes vary from a size 8 to a size 9, and I can actually even wear kid's shoes (which are WAY cheaper)... my favorite pair is probably the Skechers I got for Christmas. They're slip-on but have a full heel just like a regular shoe-LOVE them

7. What's on your agenda for this week? work, work, work... either at work or at the house. celebrate my birthday on Friday and go to my parents' and grandparents' on Saturday

Photobucket