QOTW: Week of January 24, 2011

iVillage Member
QOTW: Week of January 24, 2011
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 6:49am

Good morning, and welcome to another week, everyone! It's been great to see so many people on the board. Keep it up!

1. What was the best thing that happened to you last week?

2. Today is "Compliment Day." What's the last compliment you received? The last one you gave?

3. Tuesday is "Opposite Day." What might you do "backwards"/differently or what might you reverse to shake things up a little bit?

4. Wednesday is "Spouse's Day." What is the first thing you remember thinking about your spouse or significant other?

5. Thursday is "Punch the Clock Day." What's the worst job you ever had? What job was your favorite? (Volunteer/unpaid positions count.)

6. Friday is "Fun at Work" Day. What's the most fun you've ever had working? (Volunteer/unpaid positions count.)

7. What's on your agenda for this week?

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 10:09am

1. What was the best thing that happened to you last week? hmmm, let me think about this one.... LOL ;) We got engaged!

2. Today is "Compliment Day." What's the last compliment you received? The last one you gave? I had lots of compliments on my ring and my house yesterday. I had friends and family members come and see both, some already planned, some simply because of the engagement. As far as the last one I gave, I'm not sure...

3. Tuesday is "Opposite Day." What might you do "backwards"/differently or what might you reverse to shake things up a little bit? haha well I guess we've been doing things a little backward, I mean, we bought a house last month and got engaged this month

4. Wednesday is "Spouse's Day." What is the first thing you remember thinking about your spouse or significant other? hahaha honestly? that he was weird. Because he (and 3 other guys) tried to pretend to be my friend and then "stole" my phone number to talk to me themselves

5. Thursday is "Punch the Clock Day." What's the worst job you ever had? What job was your favorite? (Volunteer/unpaid positions count.) hmmm, I helped do inventory where my dad works for 2 weeks over Christmas break one year... that doesn't sound bad but they were dirty little tiny machine parts that I had to count! But I made $10 an hour so I can't complain ;) Oh man, I really can't pick a favorite... I LOVE my current job, but I also loved my job in Texas (especially the NICU portion of it)... I also LOVED the first daycare I worked at. I was there for 2 years and got to watch the kiddos grow up.

6. Friday is "Fun at Work" Day. What's the most fun you've ever had working? (Volunteer/unpaid positions count.) My current job by far is the most fun. The gyms I have access to here are a million times better than the one in Texas and there's so much cool stuff (zip line, ball pit, rock wall, a million swings, a bubble machine that lights up and disco ball in our sensory room... love it!)

7. What's on your agenda for this week? Today: laundry, laundry, and more laundry... and paperwork :( Then I work tomorrow from 3-6, work Wednesday from 11-2 and 4-5, work Thursday from 12-1 (staff meeting) and 3:30-4:30, and work Friday from 1-2 and 4-6... what I'm going to do other than that is up in the air. I need to buy my bridesmaid dress for an April wedding no later than this weekend, and our first house payment is due on Friday so I guess I'll be paying that at some point, too ;)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 12:52pm

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-25-2011 - 9:52am

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-25-2011 - 4:48pm

Last week? Hum... I went to chuck e cheese for work? LOL

2. Today is "Compliment Day." What's the last compliment you received? The last one you gave?

Last received-I over heard Rob tell his mom about how great I am with Embry. LOL

Last given- Maybe at work? Telling my kiddo what a great job he was doing. LOL

3. Tuesday is "Opposite Day." What might you do "backwards"/differently or what might you reverse to shake things up a little bit?

I have no idea.

4. Wednesday is "Spouse's Day." What is the first thing you remember thinking about your spouse or significant other?

I remember thinking he was really quiet. I also remember trying to gage what age he was and if I thought he was cute. I finally decided I thought he was cute because I kept looking at him. LOL

5. Thursday is "Punch the Clock Day." What's the worst job you ever had? What job was your favorite? (Volunteer/unpaid positions count.)

Well, I haven't held too many jobs/ volunteer positions. The last few YEARS at my old employeer were pretty bad. Being underpaid and underappericated, no support from higher ups. Getting kicked/hit/spat at/sworn at and there was not a whole lot we could do about it. Even had CPS/law enforcement called in on my co teacher and I because of the kids said my coteacher held him and he "couldn't breathe" (she was a good distance away from him, holding a pillow up to protect herself from his rage) I was only in the room for a few minutes (most of it took place while I was on break and an assistant was in the room). IT WAS HORRIBLE. I really hated it there the last few years and esp. the last few months. Most days I would cry on the way home because I was so beat up and drained. It took a huge toll on my home life.

My job right now is pretty awesome. I;ve lucked out with great kids and families. I'm really enjoying what I do. =)

6. Friday is "Fun at Work" Day. What's the most fun you've ever had working? (Volunteer/unpaid positions count.)

Well, even though I hated my old work place we did have some fun days there, making food projects, movie days, pajama days... Although

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 5:52pm

Tricia