QOTW: Week of January 3, 2011

iVillage Member
QOTW: Week of January 3, 2011
Sun, 01-02-2011 - 10:22pm

Hello, and welcome to another week, the first week of the new year!

1. What was one thing you did last week outside of your usual routine?

2. Monday is "Festival of Sleep Day." Do you sleep with a stuffed animal or doll of any sort?

3. Tuesday, January 4, is "Trivia Day." What trivia subject do you usually fare best with?

4. Wednesday is National Bird Day. What's your favorite fictional or non-fictional bird?

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 8:24am

1. What was one thing you did last week outside of your usual routine? Nothing about last week was my "usual" routine because I was traveling, but outside of my usual "visiting Mom" routine, I met a friend/former coworker for lunch on Friday.

2. Monday is "Festival of Sleep Day." Do you sleep with a stuffed animal or doll of any sort? There's no room for a stuffed animal or doll in my bed! I sleep with pillows, my dog, and, occasionally, my cat. I have a stuffed rhinoceros that speaks Tom's voice, and I used to sleep with it when he was gone, but Toby has it (along with his monkey that speaks Daddy's voice) now.

3. Tuesday, January 4, is "Trivia Day." What trivia subject do you usually fare best with? I really suck at trivia games, but if I'm going to do well, it's going to be on music and/or pop culture.

4. Wednesday is National Bird Day. What's your favorite fictional or non-fictional bird? Fictional: the Tootsie Pop owl. Non-fictional: my ex-mother-in-law's gray macaw (I think it was). She decidedly did not like me, and it always antagonized her by calling "Pretty lady!" over and over whenever it saw me. That was the only time he'd say it. (Incidentally, the bird's mate would always respond "Oh be quiet!" in an imitation of her owner's voice.)