QOTW: Week of January 31, 2011

iVillage Member
QOTW: Week of January 31, 2011
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 7:29am

Can you believe we're already at the end of January? Looks like I have a lot to catch up on from a weekend spent away from the computer, and judging by the sounds coming from Toby's bedroom, I better get started....

1. What is one thing you did entirely for yourself last week?

2. Today is "Inspire Your Heart with Art" Day. Do you have a favorite piece of art, artist, or artistic endeavor?

3. Tomorrow is National Freedom Day. What is one freedom you think you or other people often take for granted or misunderstand and/or abuse?

4. Wednesday is Groundhog Day. Do you predict the groundhog will see his shadow, not see his shadow, or be buried in snow where you live?

5. Thursday is "The Day the Music Died," the day Ritchie Valens, The Big Bopper, and Buddy Holly were killed in a plane crash in 1959. What is your favorite piece of music created prior to 1960?

6. Friday is "Thank a Mailman" Day. What is the last thing you mailed?

7. What's on your agenda this week?

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 9:23am

2. Today is "Inspire Your Heart with Art" Day. Do you have a favorite piece of art, artist, or artistic endeavor?

Tricia

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 11:41am

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 4:00pm

I bought the Hunger Games books and read all of them. I finished them on Saturday. =)

The closest things I do that's artistic is scrapbooking. Sometimes I fiddle with taking pictures like I'm really good at it. LOL. I also love watching certain cooking shows because how they put flavors together is art to me!

3. Tomorrow is National Freedom Day. What is one freedom you think you or other people often take for granted or misunderstand and/or abuse?

The first amendment. It irks me when people say freedom of "expression", because that's not what it is. I'm also with you ladies on the protesters.

4. Wednesday is Groundhog Day. Do you predict the groundhog will see his shadow, not see his shadow, or be buried in snow where you live?

No idea...

5. Thursday is "The Day the Music Died," the day Ritchie Valens, The Big Bopper, and Buddy Holly were killed in a plane crash in 1959. What is your favorite piece of music created prior to 1960?

I LOVE me some Buddy Holly.

6. Friday is "Thank a Mailman" Day. What is the last thing you mailed?

I think it was the rent check, a magazine bill and something else, another bill of some sort.

7. What's on your agenda this week?

I don't think I have too much planned besides work and the usual.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 5:39pm

1. What is one thing you did entirely for yourself last week? hmmm, I honestly can't think of anything I really did for myself last week that was terribly out of the ordinary... Saturday night after Nic left for work I took a bubble bath with a bunch of candles lit. I LOVE our garden tub :)

2. Today is "Inspire Your Heart with Art" Day. Do you have a favorite piece of art, artist, or artistic endeavor? I'm not particularly into art but I love all things tropical and would love to have a really beautiful beach scene to go over our mantle

3. Tomorrow is National Freedom Day. What is one freedom you think you or other people often take for granted or misunderstand and/or abuse? Freedom of Speech is WAY abused. just because you are free to say something doesn't mean it's right or moral to say it or that it's true

4. Wednesday is Groundhog Day. Do you predict the groundhog will see his shadow, not see his shadow, or be buried in snow where you live? all I can say is he better not be buried in snow here lol

5. Thursday is "The Day the Music Died," the day Ritchie Valens, The Big Bopper, and Buddy Holly were killed in a plane crash in 1959. What is your favorite piece of music created prior to 1960? man, that's a tough one for me... Not to say I dislike older music, but knowing exactly what decade music is from is difficult for me if it isn't 80's or 90's... I'm not gonna guess at a particular song for the correct decade, but I love Johnny Cash, and it's one of the few artists that Nic and I have in common. Walk the Line is one of my favorite movies, and I know he got started prior to 1960 so we'll just go with him instead of a specific piece

6. Friday is "Thank a Mailman" Day. What is the last thing you mailed? mailed Netflix movie back.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-01-2011 - 1:33pm

1. What is one thing you did entirely for yourself last week? Bubble baths. I dropped my to-do list during Toby's nap, made a mug of hot chocolate, and soaked in a bubble bath with a good book for awhile three times last week. (I love my garden tub, too, Megan, though I hate