Favorite Stories of 2010

iVillage Member
Favorite Stories of 2010
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 9:14am

In just a few short weeks, can you believe that 2010 will be over?

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 1:20pm

The whole ordeal with the Chilean miners probably touched me the most. It was just so great to have a happy ending where there usually aren't happy endings like that. Those mens' lives are changed forever.

I'm not sure if I would say Conan O'Brien coming back has impacted my life but I counted down the days until his new show started like I count down the days until my husband is home ;) I haven't missed a show yet and I love going to bed with Coco every night again!!

I don't know why but the passing of Elizabeth Edwards the other day really got to me. I just really thought after all she had been through, she would win her battle again. I obviously didn't know her personally but I really looked up to her for the strength she showed throughout all of the hard times she had.

Phil Harris (from Deadliest Catch) dying was really sad too. The way the show handled it was amazing and it's something I will always remember.

Oh, and just a couple of hours ago, I heard that Howard Stern will be staying at Sirius for 5 more years. Not a huge story in the grand scheme of life but it was good news since I just renewed my Sirius subscription!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-13-2010 - 2:50pm
YES! I think Conan was big news. That whole ordeal with NBC and Jay Leno really made me support Conan even more.

I agree about Elizabeth Edwards. I was really hoping she'd somehow manage to prevail, but I had a feeling she wouldn't. It was a really sad story.