Friday, July 30th, 2010

iVillage Member
Friday, July 30th, 2010
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 11:08am

I got to sleep in this morning! It was glorious. DH had to be in at 8 but he set the alarm for 6 because he wanted to get up and do some things. It went off and he quickly reset it for 7 so I got an extra hour of sleep!

I wish I could be more excited about the weekend but the lovely Army decided to ruin the fun plans we had. And, guess why....because everyone has to show up tomorrow to clean up around the barracks. WTF? I asked DH if everyone was planning on coming to my house to clean after they were done cleaning up those people's mess. How does it make sense that people who don't live in the barracks have to go clean up after the slobs that DO live there???? GRR!!

I need to go on my run soon before it gets too hot. I'm bummed because I wanted to go see Dinner for Schmucks tonight but it's not at the nice theater. Boo. We might go someplace for a margarita instead. I guess I can settle for that!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 11:17am

Well hello Amy! :)

Long time no see!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 12:39pm

I got up early and got ready in case dh got off really early today. He was supposed to be getting off around 10. Turns out he will have to work till at least 1.

Dd and I went to the grocery store and got her a few snacks and some cereal for this weekend. Then I came home and weeded my flower bed. It looked horrible and was driving me nuts but haven't been able to do much lately.

Thanks to all the ladies at
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 12:47pm
That stinks! Dh has had to go clean his soldiers room for inspection before because this guy was too lazy to do it himself (40 something year old SPC at that!!!). I was like WHY do you have to clean someone else's mess?? That guy was a total slob.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 12:59pm

I told DH that I don't get why he even bothers being a "good" soldier because if you are lazy and pathetic, other people just have to do stuff for you!! You don't get punished, you get to be more lazy and pathetic while the "good" soldiers end up picking up the slack for you. There are some things in the Army I will never understand!

I'm sorry your DH has to work later than he was supposed to. Don't you just love when they do that? Whenever DH says he'll be home early, I always add a couple of hours to it because I know something silly will come up!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 1:02pm
You are my hero for being able to go that long without cable or internet!! I would be ok without TV if I had internet or vice versa but NEVER both. What does that say about me??? ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 1:09pm

That is exactly what my DH says every day. He said where ever he goes to next he's going to act dumb as a rock because apparently you can get away with anything if you are dumb and lazy but I don't think he'll really do it! He can't stand dumb and lazy people like that.

There is one guy in his office that is worthless but he is good at physical fitness. He got promoted for doing nothing in the office!

Woohoo! Dh just walked in the door! An hour early!!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 1:31pm

YAY!! Have a great weekend getaway!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 2:51pm

Hi! I need to workout today, run some errands, walk the dogs and make reservations for dinner tonight. All I want to do is go back to sleep :( Hopefully an afternoon cup of coffee will help me.

Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Photobucket

wedding website
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 3:07pm
Where are you going for dinner tonight?

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 3:27pm

Wasabi :)

It's a new sushi place in town and considering how fast the other good place fills up I want to make sure we get in. Another reason for the reservation is bc I want to make the 9:00 showing of Charlie St. Cloud. It just looks so cute I really wanna see it even tho I think it's for teens. It took a lot of convincing to get DH to go with me on that one.

Photobucket

wedding website

Pages