Thursday, August 26th, 2010

iVillage Member
Thursday, August 26th, 2010
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 12:11pm

Anything exciting happening with all of you today?

I spent all morning filing a claim for some stuff the movers ruined. Two of my bookcases got totally destroyed. My poor books are in a stack of boxes just wanting to get out! This is the first time the movers have actually completely wrecked something. Usually, there are just scratches and little things.

I hate moving into an apartment and having a bunch of issues because I totally feel like a nag when I just got here and keep making maintenance requests! I think I'll wait for DH to get home and have him do it to fix the last few things. I know that's what they are here for but still, it makes me feel weird.

I took one of my steroid pills this morning and it completely knocked me out so I'm feeling all out of whack now. I slept for an hour so I keep wondering where my morning went! Oops!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 12:20pm

Bummer about the bookcases Amy. :o( Walmart had some 5 shelf bookcases for $25 here...maybe yours' will have something like that? it's not glamorous but if TMO kills them it's only a $25 bookcase? Just a thought. Poor trapped books. :o(

DH is on leave for a few days (needed a break...) so we took the girls to school this morning. Then we went to base, even though he's off work DH had to do a couple things. Then we went to Walmart to get a few things to fill in until payday. WOW Shopping without kids is different. I think me shopping while they're in school is going to be a regular thing. ;o)

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 12:57pm
I think that's what I'm gonna end up doing. I had one taller one and two shorter ones. One of the shorter ones is fine so I just need to replace one of those and the taller one. I figure I'll just get some that will work good enough to get me through our time here. They will end up sitting in storage while DH is deployed anyway and then we'll be moving again shortly after that so no use buying something else to get wrecked until we are a little more settled!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 1:16pm

Good morning.

DH surprised/scared the crap out of me this morning by coming home early (is it still considered early when he was originally scheduled to come home 2 days ago) from the field. He's now sleeping and probably will be all day.

This afternoon T and I are going to see Sesame St on post with some other ranger wives. She wont really know what's going on having never seen Sesame St (or any other children programming) but I think she'll like the colors and music.

Right now I am hoping she falls asleep soon so I can shower and get the house picked up a bit.

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 2:11pm
I'm glad your DH is home! Have fun today with the Sesame Street gang!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 4:06pm

I have a couple of those $25 book cases, we have a ton of books ourselves, and they're actually pretty durable. :) They've weathered moves there at Hood (we lived in 3 different houses in our 5 years: one off-post, 2 on...they put us in a bigger house when Joshua was born) and the move from Hood to Lewis. We bought them at the Walmart there in Killeen when we first moved there in 2003.

Anyway, I'm not really doing much today. My ankle was really swollen last night, so I'm taking it easy today, keeping it elevated more frequently. Other than that, Sylvan is taking the kids to the park after naptime, so I'll have some quiet time to work on my nephew's scarf. :)