Thursday, June 30, 2011

iVillage Member
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 8:24am

I thought I would post the daily thread this morning for a change! Today is my sister's birthday and I cannot believe it's the end of the month, which means, of course, bills are due, but also payday!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 10:10am

Yay for payday, BOO for bills taking most of it. :D

It's apparently drive like a moron day here and I didn't get the memo. I was driving home from Dunkin Donuts this morning and had this jacktard in an Infiniti SUV Riding my tail the WHOLE TIME. Even when I brake checked him, EVEN when I slammed on my brakes. HINT get off my ass. He was too thick skulled to get it. NOTHING ticks me off worse (driving wise) than being tailgated. And FTR I was speeding so me going too slow couldn't have been the issue. He was seriously so close that when I looked in my rearview I couldn't see his grill or hood. I'm AMAZED he didn't hit me. Probably slammed his brakes pretty hard to keep from jacking up his brand new infiniti. Jerk. I hate tailgaters. HATE THEM!!!! Get off my butt. If you think riding my tail will make me go faster, move or whatever. You're dead wrong. It WILL make me slow down, brake check and California Block though. I just maintain that if you're in that big of a hurry (to go home...at 9am...seriously?) you should have left sooner. It's not my problem if you have poor time management skills. You's are of course in general, since no one here was that jerk in the Infiniti or is even stationed here since this board is 98% Army and I'm on a Marines base (and a Marine Wife). ;)

ANYWAY...

The other night I made the most fantastic salad. Sweet Butter lettuce mix, avocado, (diced), brocolli, olives, green onion, mushrooms and bell pepper. Topped with grilled salmon. I used Raspberry Vinegarette (sp?)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 10:58am
Yay for the end of the month!

I am FINALLY getting out to the farm today and I'm so excited to see my cow and her baby and my doggie! I cannot believe I've been home a month and haven't been out there.

It finally decided to get hot here and I am not a fan. It has been in the 70s or below since I got home and it was so nice to get away from the Texas heat.

I eat a lot of salads in the summer too. Throw some fresh veggies over a mix of greens and top with some grilled chicken. It's perfect. I also love grilled chicken sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches, turkey/chicken burgers, etc.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 11:01am
Dedi, tailgaters drive me nuts too! A couple of days ago, I was getting tailgated by a guy on a motorcycle! And, we were going 65 down a 2 lane road! WTF?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 11:18am

On a motorcycle? Did the idiot have a death wish? He had to know he'd come out the loser on that one.

Photobucket