Wed, 06-02-2010 - 10:44am

What's going on in your world today?

What's on your mind?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 11:02am

What's going on in your world today? Since I'm not working today I've been doing some house cleaning & laundry. And some friends are supposed to come over this afternoon to pick cherries.

What's on your mind? Work. Yesterday they offered me a full-time position doing what I used to (international logistics/Customs). It's a good thing, but part of me feels sad to accept the job & continue to keep myself tied down here. Not that there's much of an option either way.

~Allie~

Coffee sig
Community Leader
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 11:33am

What's going on in your world today? ** I just woke up. I need to go grocery shopping at some point today and I also need to get some birthday stuff to send to Rob for his birthday.

What's on your mind? ** I need to think of stuff to put in Rob's birthday box. I want the whole box to be birthday themed. I already am planning to send brownies, some frosting (still in it's container), candles (a 3 and a 5), and a card. I'm thinking about sending little plates and napkins too.

fall siggie
Thank you to mom2jess_n_ky for my beautiful siggy!
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 12:12pm

What's going on in your world today? **Ky is 5 today, we played across the street with the neighbor's kiddo for the past 2 hours! We're wiped. I sense a nap in two little girls' futures. ;o) I need to return a movie and go to Walmart at some point today.

What's on your mind? **nothing but filth. LOL

Siggy by Elena
Photobucket
Thanks to Elena for the name tag & Holly for the b-day Siggy!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 3:43pm

~Not much...just another day of babysitting. Luckily I only do it 2 days a week and today is the last until next week.

What's on your mind?
~How do I keep my sanity today...plus I have a lot of stuff to do in the next couple of days.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
href="http://global.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 5:30pm

went to target, I had to wait about 10 minutes for the family dressing room because some TOS woman decided that she needed all that room to try on a bra - all the other rooms were open. It's just so rude, Teagan and I gave her dirty looks on our way by (well I did - T might have been pooping)

What's on your mind?
lots of stuff, DH's friend was KIA and he has to deal with it all alone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 6:13pm

I'm so sorry for the loss, Amber and I'm sorry your DH has to deal with it from so far away. The family and you guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 7:08pm
I'm trying to get all the kids' schedules sorted for the summer so that all the kids can spend some time together as a family. So far, the stepsibings have only all been in the same place for a week in the last year or so, so this should be interesting.
Photobucket

Feb 21 Warner Robins GA

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Click for Virginia Beach, Virginia Forecast
Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 11:05pm
I'm sorry about your DH's friend. I hope your DH can find some strength from those around him. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.
fall siggie
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 3:19pm
I forget where I read it, I'm sure somewhere on this discussion board, about doing a "birthday cake" in a jar. I guess you just bake an entire birthday cake and then put it in the jar?? I'm not sure of the specifics but it sounds really cute. I'm going to attempt it if DH's birthday is during his first deployment.

Photobucket

Thanks Dedi for my lovely signature!

Photobucket

T

Community Leader
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 5:19pm

I've read about the cakes in a jar as well, but I've never tried them. Here's a blog that I've read about them: http://awtr.blogspot.com/2007/09/cake-in-jar.html

I'm sending my DH a batch of brownies (he prefers brownies over cakes anyway) and a thing of icing, candles, and the sugar candy things that spell out happy birthday. I'm going to write out instructions for him of how to put it all together (put the icing on the brownies, then the letters, then the candles). We are also sending birthday pates, napkins, hats, and goodie bags. :)

fall siggie

Pages