Welcome Wagon ***Katie (kmk611)***

iVillage Member
Welcome Wagon ***Katie (kmk611)***
Sun, 09-26-2010 - 2:49pm

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-27-2010 - 4:18pm
Yay, i'm stalking, i mean following, you now too :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-25-2010 - 3:59pm
Glynn why did I now know about your blog???? Ok, so I'm following you now. I'm "The Family" - yeah I know it sounds all Mafia-ish, but hey, it works.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-07-2010 - 1:35pm

Oh my lands, I have no idea how to use this new forum, so I can't send a personal message.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-06-2010 - 7:58am

Thanks for the welcome Glynn! We seem to have a lot in common :) I'd love to see the pics if you don't mind!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 4:06pm
Hi Katie, I'm Glynn (22) married to Z (24). I would totally suggest going to Key West for your honeymoon. That is where we went, and it is absolutely GORGEOUS! We're big fishermen, so that is why we went. I would definitely research where your hotel is located since cab fares are outrageous, and plan a day to a day and a half just for flying down and then another day or day and a half for flying home. Miami shut the whole tarmac down when we were flying down. I can link you to my facebook photos of our trip if you'd like. Oh and I LOVE your photo at the bottom! SOOOO Cute!

Check out my blog at http://areellady.wordpress.com/

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-30-2010 - 12:03pm
Sorry I haven't been on to check this! Thanks so much for the welcome, it means a lot!! Okay.. I'll see if I can answer all of these.. :)

1. Name: Katie

2. Where are you located? On a tiny peninsula off the coast of Va.. not many people, include most people from Va, know we exist!

3. Kids? No kids yet. We're still young and plan to wait a while.

4. Is this where you are originally from? If not where? Yep. Born and raised here.

5. How did you find Fire Fighter Wives Board? Ha, Google. I was going thru a time when I really needed some support, and so I went straight to Google! I found some other sites but for some reason they kept denying my membership. Jerks. lol

6. Do you go to any other board? If yes, which ones? This is the only FF wives board.. Since I'm currently planning my wedding I spend a lot of time on weddingwire.com and love the ladies on their forums!

7. When is your birthday? September 8th.. Just had a bday!

8. How old are you? 21. Before you think that we're crazy for getting married so young.. Keep in mind we've been dating since 8th grade :) So we've been together for over 7.5 years!

9. Where is your favorite place to visit/vacation? I never get to vacation.. But somewhere tropical would be nice. We're hoping Key West for our honeymoon!

10. What's the farthest you've traveled? Not far.. Either FL or Northern Ohio

11. Do you have any hobbies? I love reading. And I just recently got into cooking and baking. My mom told me it wont last long :)

12.What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, by far!

13. What is your favorite season? Summer. But after a while the heat gets old. Then I'm ready for fall! Fall is my other favorite.

14. Do you work outside the home? If yes, what type of job? Right now I work part time at a bridal shop, and go to school full time. I'm in school to be a Radiology Tech.. So in a year or two I'll be doing that!

15. What is your favorite color ? Pink!

16. What is your favorite animal? I love all animals. I am an animal nut!

17. What is your favorite food? Restaurant? I loooove me some Olive Garden.

18. What is your favorite book/poem & author? Nicholas Sparks. But I'll read anything really.

19. What is your favorite TV show? I have wayyy too many to name. Pretty much any reality show or crime show :)

20. What is your favorite movie? Once again, too many to name. Dirty Dancing is far up there though.

21. What is your least favorite thing about being a FF W/SO? Definitely the amount of time he spends at the FH vs the amount of time he spends with me. We don't live together right now though, and we live about 40 min away from each other. So our time is limited anyway..

22. What is your favorite thing about being a FF W/SO? I'm just so proud to have a hero as a fiance! Plus, I always feel safe.

23. What would you like for us to know about you? Hmm.. That I'm young, but mature. I've always had an "old soul." Oh, and I complain about him a lot and the time spent at the fire house, but I wouldn't trade him for the world :)

24. If you were given the board to run as “Expert of the Day” - what would the topic be? Food! I love food!

ALL ABOUT HIM:

1. What’s his name: Ward. (Yes, like Ward Cleaver!)

2. Age? 22

3. How long has your DH/SO been a FF? He joined as a jr member at 14, and has been with them ever since.

4. How many stations are there?

5. How many Ffs at your DH’s department? I honestly don't know.. They're a small fire co, but have one of the biggest territories in our area.

6. Does your FF have a second job? If yes, what or where? Yep. He's a volunteer FF, so his other job is farming. He is a chicken farmer. A lot of people have never even heard of it. But he has 4 huge chicken "houses" full of 47,000 chickens in each house.. He puts food on our table ;)

ALL ABOUT THE TWO OF YOU

1. How did you and your DH/SO meet? And how long ago was that? About 8 years ago in middle school!

2. If married, when? We are getting married June 11 :)

3. Where did you go on your honeymoon, if you’ve gone - if you haven’t, where would you like to go? I want to do a Sandals Resort sooo bad.. Anywhere!